Buying a car that needs transportation

zelda

I'm planning to buy a project car next week but it will need to be delivered to me on a trailer.

The seller (private) is happy to arrange the transport but states in the advert that the balance should be paid before the car leaves him.

I will obviously talk to him about this but wondered if anybody here had some alternative suggestions about how to manage this to give us both peace of mind. I'm not comfortable about stumping up the cash and just hoping the car turns up at my house a few hours later.

Other than arranging the transport myself is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Yeah, I'm cautious just because it will be a private sale.

Ha ha, I did think about following it back myself. It's a couple of hours away though so would be a bit of hassle for me.

I think I'll have to probably book my own transportation. I just don't know any companies so will have to get on Google.

9 hours ago, zelda said:

Yeah, I'm cautious just because it will be a private sale.

Ha ha, I did think about following it back myself. It's a couple of hours away though so would be a bit of hassle for me.

I think I'll have to probably book my own transportation. I just don't know any companies so will have to get on Google.

Couple of hours is nothing, what price peace of mind when you’re spending a couple of grand? 

Where is it? I got a quote for taking a car from Cambridge to NC500 last week at £450 + VAT, the fuel alone would have been well over £300 :lol:

You might find transport companies can offer some kind of service with this, worth an ask I guess - if not just get the train up, have a few celebratory beers on the way back 👍