Spun Bearing / Engine Replacement Help

U.K.Z

Hey everybody, I'm currently lost and don't know what the hell I'm doing anymore. I recently found out my 300zx has a spun bearing and now my 350z decided after a week from purchase that it too wanted to spin a bearing. I'm not from this country (American here) and don't have any car friends or any connections anymore. I figured this would be the best way to find a shop where I could get a replacement engine for my 350 at a good price. I know replacement engine and cheap don't go together, but my job pays USD so I'm fighting against exchange rates here too. From the sound, it seems I've caught the issue at the very start of its occurrence thankfully so I'm hoping there isn't too much damage to the existing engine. I don't know if that helps me at all? If anyone can give me any sort of suggestions you don't know how much I would appreciate it. It seems like since I've been here my luck has been absolutely garbage the past year and I just need one thing to work out for me.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad luck with the 300zx and 350z. Perhaps have a look on eBay, there are quite a few people breaking Zs and you might be able to find a used engine.

Maybe something like this, supply and fit, also 6 months warranty, perhaps you can negotiate it down a bit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303897676180

Alternatively see if @ZMANALEX or @P15UL T or Scott Soulby that break zeds all the time have any engines available? 

We don't supply used engines, but if you're handy with the tools and want to fit the engine yourself, we would be happy to let you use our garage equipment, lift, tools etc over the weekend at no cost, that should save you a lot of money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad luck with the 300zx and 350z. Perhaps have a look on eBay, there are quite a few people breaking Zs and you might be able to find a used engine.

Maybe something like this, supply and fit, also 6 months warranty, perhaps you can negotiate it down a bit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303897676180

Alternatively see if @ZMANALEX or @P15UL T or Scott Soulby that break zeds all the time have any engines available? 

We don't supply used engines, but if you're handy with the tools and want to fit the engine yourself, we would be happy to let you use our garage equipment, lift, tools etc over the weekend at no cost, that should save you a lot of money. 

Hey, thank you for your response and offer man. Unfortunately I've never removed an engine before and with how old other components such as connectors and sensors are, I wouldn't want to accidentally destroy something that a professional might not. The link was very helpful, I'll check these guys out and see what they say.

• Like 1

If you caught it early, you may be super lucky and get away with just replacing the shells.

Drop the sump and see how bad it is, if the crank is marked up, then you are looking at major work. 

Just bear in mind, replacing the shells wont solve the root issue but will get it running again, how long it lasts is a bit of a lottery.