Finally Own a 370z

I've poked around on here before, and am going to the simply Japanese meet in July, but i haven't fully introduced my self :)

So after having nothing but Renaults for the last 11 years of my driving life.
My first car was a 1.2l Clio and it received the standard 17 year old treatment.

IMG_20131204_160833.jpg.2789d427ed0b84e35de36f057ae59579.jpg

Unsurprisingly it blew up cos I drove it with a very heavy foot, and strapped a scrap yard turbo to the 1.2. I then ended up buying a Clio sport, which is still my one of my favourite cars.

1226993961_IMG_20150821_184940(1).jpg.8e7d7b6d0c9efebcab909f181cc97d3e.jpg

I owned that for the longest amount of time i brought it for £1200 it had done 86k miles and everything was falling off it, I gave it a lot of love and after another 52k miles the piston finally ate its self.  I wanted to keep her, but at this point I was married (my wife also hated the car lol), I needed a car for work and I didn't have a garage anymore as I moved out of my parents house so I didn't really have anywhere to keep the car. I ended up selling her on to a fellow cliosport club member.

677984537_IMG_20181020_171356(1).jpg.1f2a800756d872329b40cfcc8eda7018.jpg

My 3rd car was a Renault megane 250 cup I brought this for getting to work, and track days. THEN COVID. it completely changed my work life and naturally I ended up working from home. I never had a chance to get her out on a track day which kind of sucked and with her sitting down stairs most of the time not moving it was getting annoying, especially when we wanted to go somewhere fairly far away, the seats where rather uncomfortable (yellow dot recaro sport cs) and the air con was like a mouse blowing at your through a straw, as i didn't get the climate control one, (the Clio's air con was amazing) The car had a few problems as well and I felt like I was putting money in to a car I wasn't 100% enjoying + for whatever reason my insurance for the Renault for 2022 was 600£? which made no sense it sky rocketd 200£ and for some reason i couldnt seem to get a better deal .Although I have to say, when I went up to Scotland in this car it was absolutely FANTASTIC, and i did love driving it when i got the change, but motorways driving was just painful in her.

1675487830_IMG_20200214_145207(1).jpg.6942c16f566181774bc9022292f74a0f.jpg

After a few people offered me some decent money for it I decided to end up parting ways with the car. I had always wanted a Japanese car, Am a huge fan of JDM cars, and have been from a young age (although I do love all cars regardless)

I went around and test drove a couple of different cars, A lotus exige, Porshe cayman, mk5 supra & a couple others, The exige was awesome but my wife didn't like the striped out nature of the car it was very rough, the supra was cool i just missed the manual, and the cayman just annoyed me because it wasn't a 911, but the 911s just dont seem that practical (at least the ones in my price range) and as the car would basically only get used for track days and weekends I couldn't see the point (personally) of such a high road tax price. 

On a whim i decided to look at 370z nismos, Id always wanted one since i was 19, Dreamed about owning one, Even as a child i loved the 350z playing nfs, but again I didn't really wana buy a car i'd need to do a lot of work on to get it to a place id be happy with. All the previous cars I worked on to get to a handling and driving place I was pleased with. Were as I just wanted a car that was ready to go.

I never considered for a second id be able to afford a nismo, Especially in this second hand market where I sold my meg for 2x the amount I actually brought it for. To my shock and surprise they had almost been unaffected and seem to have all held their value pretty damn well. Not only that, My insurance was WAAAAY Cheaper than the meg, which also made no sense, and the road tax for post 67 plates was cheap as (at least for me whos paid 300+ a a year plus for 9 years of driving)

So fast forward a few weeks (a good clay/decontamination/twostep/wax and protect) and I now have my first dream car :)

DSC_0162.jpg.a207d8e39848d931cab4365200eb52ca.jpgDSC_0195.jpg.eaa623655813ba7209d5c876021c5a89.jpgDSC_0168.jpg.ec2acaf5c9db55f25fe6f576bb72a7e8.jpgDSC_0159.jpg.a16a21f1d8178a089da68329e486405f.jpg

I wont be modifying it, It will stay completely standard, although I will sort out the license plate, it has a crack on one side, and id prefer a smaller one that i can replace quickly with Japanese licence plates for shows.

Edited by Archtects
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

Hello and welcome! 

1 hour ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along buddy. Nice looking car indeed. 

I'm in love, absolute adore it feels fantastic. 

1 minute ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Welcome. Lovely nismo. Famous last words! "I wont be modifying it, It will stay completely standard" 😂

Ha ha Yeah. But i have a wife who keeps a close eye on me. After years of "i need this cos its safer" or "I need this new part cos this ones broken on mine" doesn't really work anymore she sees through it all now haah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Payco said:

Welcome. Hope to see you at a show soon. Look up our thread for Go Japan at Brands Hatch in Sept. will be good to

meet  you and the car.

Martin 

Oh hey thanks. Yeah your comming to the one at Beulieu right?

Oooo brands hatch is a stones throw for me :)

Welcome to the forum! 

Love the thread about your previous cars, really nice details and the Clío Sport looked lovely. 

I’m sure with our collective brainpower we can help you find some more excuses for the wife 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Archtects said:

Oh hey thanks. Yeah your comming to the one at Beulieu right?

Oooo brands hatch is a stones throw for me :)

Yes. Will be travelling down from Hayward’s Heath. Always a good show at Beaulieu. Brands is still my fav as we get to park trackside with time attack going on all day. Normally a thousand jap cars or more. 

10 minutes ago, Payco said:

Yes. Will be travelling down from Hayward’s Heath. Always a good show at Beaulieu. Brands is still my fav as we get to park trackside with time attack going on all day. Normally a thousand jap cars or more. 

Ah awesome i'll be traveling from Maidstone. We stopping over for a break on Saturday then making our way there on Sunday. Its only a 2 hour drive for us, but I know what traveling that way is like + My wife only agreed cos we staying in a hotel and having a day on Saturday :D

Wow! yeah I've been to brands a couple of time and its always got amazing car shows. Went a few years back with my wife (then girlfriend) to see the American car show. I do love old muscle cars :) 

I'll most likely come to brands just have to check we aren't doing anything then.

I think i found the post you are referring to : 

Edited by Archtects
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Archtects said:

I wont be modifying it, It will stay completely standard...

Famous last words before he got infected with Zeditis which took control of his wallet! Resistance is futile, trust me! 😂

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase, enjoy it!

1 hour ago, Humpy said:

Always had a soft spot for the Reno 182's - crazy little cars!

Nismo looks spot on and look forward to meeting you at Beaulieu.

They are a coke can with a 2L 182 bhp engine stuffed, 4 wheels, interior that wouldn't look out of place in a student bedsit and the exhaust held on with paper mounts. BUT DAMN is it a lot of fun. Absolute loved the thing. Had so many track days in that car. I still miss it sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Famous last words before he got infected with Zeditis which took control of his wallet! Resistance is futile, trust me! 😂

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase, enjoy it!

Ha XD

Welllllll I wooooould like some fly1 RS1 carbon fiber vented fenddeeers. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

But then it would need some bc racing coil overs to sort of bring the car down i think around 2" should be nice bringing the overall centre of gravity lower then maybe a set of te37s in bronze, nice high et to close the gap between the  fenders and the tyre ....

Edited by Archtects
  • Like 2

Tein S Springs will lower it an inch and a quarter, add spacers and bingo. That’s what I did to my mark 2 Nismo . Ark dual  grip exhaust will give you a perfect burble with no drone and are a work of art. Couple of photos of mine after I added some purple chameleon  flip wrap and  some work emotion rims to fuel your thoughts.

6F55B95F-4CC6-4F92-B89F-157C8135FCFB.jpeg

C8654631-64A2-4836-AFD8-E7E6ABB5EA8B.jpeg

D11F0F64-C305-4E85-97F4-B70BFBADF356.jpeg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Archtects said:

They are a coke can with a 2L 182 bhp engine stuffed, 4 wheels, interior that wouldn't look out of place in a student bedsit and the exhaust held on with paper mounts. BUT DAMN is it a lot of fun. Absolute loved the thing. Had so many track days in that car. I still miss it sometimes. 

Ha XD

Welllllll I wooooould like some fly1 RS1 carbon fiber vented fenddeeers. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

But then it would need some bc racing coil overs to sort of bring the car down i think around 2" should be nice bringing the overall centre of gravity lower then maybe a set of te37s in bronze, nice high et to close the gap between the  fenders and the tyre ....

There we go, lol!

Come visit us, but leave the wallet at home, just to see the kind of stuff we have in stock for the 370z or check our demo 370z we're building :D 

15 hours ago, Payco said:

Tein S Springs will lower it an inch and a quarter, add spacers and bingo. That’s what I did to my mark 2 Nismo . Ark dual  grip exhaust will give you a perfect burble with no drone and are a work of art. Couple of photos of mine after I added some purple chameleon  flip wrap and  some work emotion rims to fuel your thoughts.

6F55B95F-4CC6-4F92-B89F-157C8135FCFB.jpeg

C8654631-64A2-4836-AFD8-E7E6ABB5EA8B.jpeg

D11F0F64-C305-4E85-97F4-B70BFBADF356.jpeg

oh lord, gonna make me spend money 🤣 yeah I’m not sure on exhausts yet. I’ve never been big on aftermarket exhausts. Unless flow is increased and they provide actual power, I’m not a big fan of super loud either lol.

Yeah look forward to the show! Hopefully Should be coming to brands one in sept too 🤞

14 hours ago, andy james said:

Welcome along mate and look forward to seeing you at Beaulieu.

Your not alone liking RS Clio’s as  Humpy said.

I currently own Trophy #151 and a racing Blue 182 ff.

84A1EDCC-0157-47DB-8492-A08DA72FCA9B.jpeg93650720-1B8F-4DB4-B1A8-597CA2FCDA75.jpeg

oooo 🤤 I want a 1*2 again. If I ever get the room I want to grab another they are just so much fun to drive.

11 hours ago, TommZ said:

Welcome welcome! Great choice :)

thanks 😊 

Edited by Archtects

• 2 weeks later...