Plenum Spacer installed - strut brace touching

SW66TTT

I've just installed a plenum spacer which went on nicely, I've then gone to put the strut brace back on and it goes all the way down and I could do the nuts up but it literally sits on top of the plenum and the black plastic cover.  I bought a 5/16" and I thought this would allow the strut brace to go back on but its touching so do i just run without the strut brace?

Your kit should have come with spacers for the strut brace as well. Check packaging and make sure they've not been sellotaped somewhere and you've missed them. 

Failing that, try spacing it with washers or you can run without like I did on mine. Ideally though, it was designed to be there, so be there it should 

5 hours ago, SW66TTT said:

I've just installed a plenum spacer which went on nicely, I've then gone to put the strut brace back on and it goes all the way down and I could do the nuts up but it literally sits on top of the plenum and the black plastic cover.  I bought a 5/16" and I thought this would allow the strut brace to go back on but its touching so do i just run without the strut brace?

What plenum spacer do you have ?. Unusual not to be supplied with spacers because it won’t fit without them. You need your strut brace on.

Edited by Payco

47 minutes ago, Payco said:

What plenum spacer do you have ?. Unusual not to be supplied with spacers because it won’t fit without them. You need your strut brace on.

ummmmm I might have gone for a cheaper one off eBay 🙄  I'm sorry please don't shout at me! The build quality seems good and it sent on fine, took the car for a drive today and seems good.  Just a shame it didn't come with spacers for the strut brace. 

• Like 1

Oops. Best to go with Motordyne /  Kintek or known one. You only really get the benefit  if you do the other normal upgrades with it. If you are happy that’s the main thing. Hope it had at least a good gasket so keep an eye for leaks. Did you follow the torque procedure when refitting ? It’s important you do.

09934AC9-2129-4333-BAD9-B1DC506618E8.jpeg

Edited by Payco

31 minutes ago, Payco said:

Oops. Best to go with Motordyne /  Kintek or known one. You only really get the benefit  if you do the other normal upgrades with it. If you are happy that’s the main thing. Hope it had at least a good gasket so keep an eye for leaks. Did you follow the torque procedure when refitting ? It’s important you do.

09934AC9-2129-4333-BAD9-B1DC506618E8.jpeg

yep I watched a video online which had a similar diagram, I know i should have saved and got a better kit but will see how this goes seems ok so far apart from not having the spacers!