Gran Turismo Movie August 2023

Sony have approved it. The plot is based on a true story centered around GT Academy. From armchair to race car driver. Seeing that the academy is heavily influenced by Nissan. I expect the usual suspects will make an appearance especially the 370Z Nismo and GTR race car. Cool or nah?! A marketing thing for Sony Gran Turismo series and Nissan. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/neill-blomkamps-gran-turismo-movie-speeds-to-cinemas-on-11th-august-2023#comments

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Someone mentioned it being similar to Top Gun Academy type drama. So someone dying or nearly dying on race 1 and infighting (whose the best) is almost definite for added drama. One of the academy drivers actually crashed into spectators in the nurburgring so drama is guaranteed

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Will probably be a good watch for the racing action ........ overall story might be pants 😂

Get rid of the love story or keep it to a minimum!

I spotted a Formula 1 type car possibly the final race in the film

I think there will be license tests since its based on a rookie driver coming through GT Academy via the gaming route. I reckon theyll try to attach some relation to game there with some humour chucked in. 

Someone on the video mentioned racing normal cars on the track. Hard to see as its mostly academy and professional based. Wouldn't put it past them to include an unofficial Sunday race for fun with some lower HP cars. 

I think Nissan and Sony are doing this since others like Lamborghini and Ford have done theres. Plus its marketing for them and millions play the game...Some criticism on Sonys previous game adaptations like Uncharted. We shall see though. 

• 3 months later...
  • GranTurismoEra changed the title to Gran Turismo Movie August 2023

Agree with this comment from gtplanet "I am a bit missing the more classic "GT Mode" movie. The kind of where the protagonist is some nobody with a cheap used car at first, before naturally escalating into a 1,600 hp Red Bull prototype in a 600 car garage, with all the imaginable Easter eggs along the way... That's how I always imagined a GT movie would be :D"

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4495098/?ref_=ext_shr

Out tomorrow.....I read the reviews and its okay according to some. Some missed opportunities. Dont expect anything much related to the game bar a couple sound effects and easter eggs...its more a biopic. Its marketing for current game and about the academy. I have low expectations

Yeah was better than expected. Sony didnt cut corners. The cinematography is top notch. They spent money.....They pulled out the stops. Yeah just like the game the final race is the final race. More a biopic than Ford vs Ferrari or Rush. It is Nissans version but based on the academy. Im sure if Nissan did a Ford vs Ferrari type it would be better. As theres lots of history there especially with Z and GTR. 

• Like 2