Ace cafe 2022

ShortPaul

After traveling down from Northamptonshire it was disappointing that about half who said they were coming failed to turn up although reasons such as having a baby and your car failing it’s MOT was understandable so congratulations to one member and commiserations to the other, Martin who organised the event must have been disappointed but didn’t show it so huge vote of thanks to him and for those who didn’t arrive you missed a treat who would have thought that a 350Z would look so fantastic in Candy Apple Red. 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks George and Paul , great to see you both and thanks for making such a long trip. I’m more than disappointed in those that said they would come and once again didn’t show the courtesy to message me. I felt for everyone who showed and  you and those that travelled so far to see so few cars. I certainly won’t secure a venue like Ace for 13 cars when we had 23 booked next year so this event may need to be canned. Watch this space for some possible rule changes on committing to events and then not showing. Your cars are a credit to you both. Thanks for travelling so so far.

Sending all our love and best wishes to Amy and Matt.xx

Martin 

Edited by Payco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well said guys.

Members need to remember that any event organised on this forum takes many hours of unpaid time which the only reward is seeing the cars and owners getting together.

Please think seriously before adding your name to a list for any meet, and once done make a commitment to the forum when you do.

I know we have had the pandemic to deal with but many previous shows/venues have fallen off the calendar over the past couple of years due to a lack of interest which is a shame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Such a shame these things happen. 

I was there last year and quite a few members never turned up then .

Reason for me not being there is car is still a 1/2 zed .

Payco keep the faint. 

I'll be there next year as long as shortpaul is there.

You keep avoiding me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was a good day and thanks for all those who turned up. As above all those who said they were coming, need to think about it next time. It was great to see people again and have good food and chat. Thanks for sorting this out again Martin. 👍

• Like 1

Hade a lovely day but this photo says it all,  we have some lovely members but some people didn't turn up, a shame,  I do hope that we can resolve this problem going forward  . I do understand that some people could not come. 

20220611_135334.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I’m still glad that my son and I made the effort after getting in at 2am this morning following a delayed flight, 

albeit a smaller than normal turnout, some great Z’s on show & was great to catchup with some old faces & chat with some like minded petrolheads. 

my son took the close up photos, he done pretty well & didn’t drop the phone 

C308980C-C2DB-4B6C-A33E-8017B3822DDF.jpeg

C2C5A051-A45B-4088-9B42-2DADBC2259EE.jpeg

3F1573A4-B801-4FE2-914B-B6B45F64C3C4.jpeg

0609AD67-D5CD-4716-BC41-4EBFC8504496.jpeg

72449274-FE9D-4E84-ABFC-DEA2981602F9.jpeg

5D5ED35A-BB41-4BCE-8A81-0148C6CE0D73.jpeg

23ABA843-5C9A-482E-A1DD-79419105B6AC.jpeg

510ACDD6-FC70-4203-8E51-DC250D4916D4.jpeg

3D1A10AA-9136-49CD-ACFB-DFCF3FD681BC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pintopete58 said:

I Think charge £10 and Reimburse half other half goes to the club . caffeine & machine charge .

Then if they don't turn up 100%.

I sound like the chancellor or the other thing 

That would be an admin nightmare on  top of what is already a time intrusive job. There are other ways so watch this space..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

It was good to meet you yesterday and see your zed, i bet its a real handful, hope you had a good trip back

Nice to have such a long run down to Ace in the Zed, 168 miles for me and the Mrs, she won’t let me drive it hard, i have to be on my own for that but at least i get to keep my licence this weekend :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jonnymonno said:

Nice to have such a long run down to Ace in the Zed, 168 miles for me and the Mrs, she won’t let me drive it hard, i have to be on my own for that but at least i get to keep my licence this weekend :D

Don't worry, Dad, I'm going to have a chat with her at the meet! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1