Yellowstuff pads into Brembo calipers

MAD Glenn

Can we all just take a moment to note the fact someone just called me a “reasonable chap” please? 😮 Man, I’m clearly losing my mojo! 😂 

Good post, and I can totally appreciate where you’re coming from after your reply to Doc 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Can we all just take a moment to note the fact someone just called me a “reasonable chap” please? 😮 Man, I’m clearly losing my mojo! 😂 

Good post, and I can totally appreciate where you’re coming from after your reply to Doc 👍

Haha sorry, I have to deal with customers a fair portion of the day, atleast you know what you’re talking about 😂 

Good good, I’m all for funding learning for everyone and helping people who are willing 👍🏼 

On 09/06/2022 at 21:45, Azurez33 said:

Please show me anywhere above where I have recommended anything for road or track use?  

I merely stated that over the time I’ve used ebc YELLOWSTUFF pads I’ve never had an issue with them (this is more neutral maybe a tad positive) and in no way a recommendation that they are better than anything.

The only reason I use them atm is because I get a decent discount through work

Another thing I’d like to know is have you ever worked in the trade? 

Now I’ve heard of cl and seen other colleagues fit them but I’ve not personally fitted them. So I can’t say I’ve tried them however- with every manufacturer and product there is always application, and many many variables that can give incorrect results- in the past I’ve had some fairly good results using some of ebcs products, I think it’s a bit stupid to slate the whole company for the sake of a single product on a single vehicle. 

I didn’t mean that track pads can’t be used on the roads/ shouldn’t, however there is good reason for this- In the past few years we’ve seen a big influx in young drivers “buying” expensive pads / discs (most likely due to quick payment options) and fitting them on what I’ll call McDonald’s friendly vehicles, and since fitting complain about braking issues- albeit most high spec pads these days do not require full warming to be effective, they do require a baseline in temperature to reach optimum Efficiency, some of these parts bought mention they are specified track use only

Thanks for the response, its appreciated, even the arrogant and **** bits :lol:

The first couple of quotes up there are recommending Yellowstuff whether you meant to or not - you may have had good experiences with EBC but until youve compared against something better (and Im sure youll have heard people slating EBC before) you cant really judge, I genuinely dont know of anyone who has used Pagid RS, Carbotech or CL and have had a good word to say about EBC afterwards and Id seriously question anyone who does track setup and uses EBC over the other options. 

Likewise comments on track pads, while McDonalds cars might have issues youre on a 350Z forum, Ive used the harshest pads you can buy and although they are noisy and dusty they still work from cold. 
Im sure you could have a decent run on Mastermind when it comes to ICE or whatever you have got loads of experience with, but from what youre saying its not brakes, certainly not for serious use. 

BTW re: belittling people - rather than a Nova, I had a 200SX in 2001 and I was one of the first guys to start drifting in UK in 2002ish, it was a bit more involved than subs and neons. 
Similarly I loved “forum member who has one product and thinks it’s the best that was pretty much you for the majority of the first half of the topic", thats an absolute classic :lol: 
I used 7 different types of pad* on my 350Z and currently have cars with Pagid, Carbotech, CL and a full ceramic set up on my drive at the moment, I guess thats "talking about people you dont know about" though :lol: 

*Seeing as we are here, in order of preference: CL RC5+, CL RC6, Carbotech XP10, Project Mu, DS3000, DS2500, Yellowstuff (TBF these were worn when I got them)

Anyway, nice bantering with you, Id strongly advise looking at RC5+ when you next need pads and maybe we can talk again after that :)