Brakes squealing

SW66TTT

I think my brakes might need some attention, they work well but when coming to a stop they sound terrible a really high pitched squeal.  The pads have loads on them and the discs look ok.  Also looks like some of the calipers have been changed at some point the front drivers side and rear passenger side are both painted gold, the rear drivers side is bare metal and the front passenger side is a really faded gold colour. 😯

Sounds a bit of a botch I am afraid.

Best to get all the wheels off and pull ALL the pads.

You may get away with a good clean up and some anti squeal grease on the rear of all the pads.

Pay particular attention to the inner face of the rear rotors.

New rotors, pads and anti squeal shims are all in stock if required.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget the shims - lack-of is likely to be the cause of the squeals you mention if absent.

The caliper differences sound strange - do the pairs match other than the paint issues?  If unsure, best to post some pics on here given brakes are the the most vital parts on cars that help to keep you safe. 

• 5 months later...

I forgot to reply with the resolution on this, I found the pads on one side of the car had no copper grease (other side was fine), changed the pads and put copper grease on all and now no noise at all, also painted all the calipers bronze :) 

• Like 1