Thinking of buying a 370Z

Only thing more expensive are the MK1 rims. I prefer the Mk2 Rays and Recaros which makes my preference towards the Mk2. Best looking car sub £40k in my opinion.

Not to everyones taste as the lights make it look like a Nissan Juke facelift. According to my mechanic who has a garaged yellow 350Z Gran Turismo. Who would have thought sharing the same family name the 370 might bare some resemblance to another Nissan. 🤧

Ah ok, when I said "cheap", I meant more in the sense that some of the body parts on the MK2 look like they are molded with other parts to make 1 piece as opposed to fabricating them separately and having to fit them.

Another thing I am a bit wary of is the reliability, I have owned 2 Nissan's before but these were built when Nissan was actually Nissan, not Renault. Is the reliability between the MK1 and MK2 about the same?

The early MK1 nismos did have a few reliability concerns as they used the HR platform found in the late 350zs. The main offenders were but not limited to

Gallery gaskets 

Clutch slave cylinder 

Steering lock mechanism 

Most if not all were rectified on crossover of late 2013 models onwards. So basically MK2 onwards were fine. Gallery gaskets I can confirm were refined along with the Steering lock issue, however the clutch slave is up for debate 

Same, they are reliable compared to German. We know the common issues. Maybe ive been lucky. Never been stranded on the motorway ever since ive had Japanese. Worst case scenario you cant start due to steering lock (not happened to me) or other issue like Gallery Gasket (no experience either) preventative measures can be taken. There are cars out there with 100k miles that havent had any major issues.

These are trivial compared with (insert random car part here) associated with other Germans. Saying that Ive spoken to US owners who have blown engines etc...Mistreating the car for youtube what do they expect

MK1 - Rarer, 2000s look, some minor issues, no recaros

MK2 - more modern look, recaros, updates, slightly more known.

Depends what you really want, the 370z is in my view a better choice than a 440i. You dont necessarily buy either car to run on the cheap.

If you are coming from a XKR, both cars will be cheaper to run than the Jag in terms of overall costs. I run an RS XF and 350z, not quite the same I know, but I know which one hurts me more 😂

Personally while the 440i is a good choice, there are 4 series all over the place, 370z for me has more presence, more fun, in some way similar to a XKR in terms being more a tourer, but it is lighter (although not as light as it could be ) and handles much better.

If you liked the XKR, avoid the 440i and get the 370z you won't be disappointed 😉 

Edited by Tomato
Typos
  • Like 1

I must admit I have never seen on the road a 440i or a 370Z as far as I can remember. In fact I think I have seen more M4's than any other 4 series BMW's on the road.

What are servicing costs like at a dealer for the 370Z? My XKR is due a service and it is around £1100.

11 hours ago, ZeroX said:

I must admit I have never seen on the road a 440i or a 370Z as far as I can remember. In fact I think I have seen more M4's than any other 4 series BMW's on the road.

What are servicing costs like at a dealer for the 370Z? My XKR is due a service and it is around £1100.

I paid £800 (at discount, I work for them) for a full service last year at Nissan to maintain the full service history. I had literally all fluids and spark plugs changed so it sounds comparable to your Jag. If you're local to the south coast you're welcome to have a look around mine, and I'm sure others will offer as well

You'll rarely see a 370z or a nismo on the road, they are a unicorn car within reason 

*Insert coins to continue this conversation*

Servicing is £400 roughly at main dealer. Thats P3 Service. If you wish to go all out then youll pay more GTR service prices. At 46,000 miles I dont envisage having to change diff oil till later on. Transmission oil around 60k maybe along with spark plugs and brake fluid along with discs and uprated pads before then.

Car prices will be going up as summers coming. 

In my area 440i and 4 series are common as hell. M4 F8x are very common along with M3. So are 2 series BMW up to M2. My car however no. The guy with the Nismo in my area is selling up. So seeing one wont be a thing. 

Ive also seen the new 4 series and a grey M4 2022. 

Ill see a Nismo once every 6 months and a 370 every couple of months. Thats if I dont venture into inner London where there are 1 or 2 Nismo mk1 and 2s around

Edited by GranTurismoEra

5 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

*Insert coins to continue this conversation*

Servicing is £400 roughly at main dealer. Thats P3 Service. If you wish to go all out then youll pay more GTR service prices. At 46,000 miles I dont envisage having to change diff oil till later on. Transmission oil around 60k maybe along with spark plugs and brake fluid along with discs and uprated pads before then.

Car prices will be going up as summers coming. 

In my area 440i and 4 series are common as hell. M4 F8x are very common along with M3. So are 2 series BMW up to M2. My car however no. The guy with the Nismo in my area is selling up. So seeing one wont be a thing. 

Ive also seen the new 4 series and a grey M4 2022. 

Ill see a Nismo once every 6 months and a 370 every couple of months. Thats if I dont venture into inner London where there are 1 or 2 Nismo mk1 and 2s around

99% that the service interval for Coolant, gear and diff oil is 36,000 or 5 years. Hence why I had mine done as I was there on mileage and age