Key not programming

kayvee

Hi,

Got a 53 plate UK Z. 2 year old son put the key in the washing machine and since then the Unlock/Lock has stopped working. Can still get in and start car albeit with alarm going off whilst I get in and switch ignition on. 

Replaced battery and tried the programming again which didn't work. I get into programming mode confirmed with 2 flashes, but the hold unlock, press lock x3 and release lock doesn't give me the single flash.

Bought spare key off eBay which is meant to be all tested as working. Same thing. Get into programming and then nothing after the hold unlock, press lock x3 and release lock.

Looking on the forums I'm not the only one that's had this but then nobody who has had this has stated how they fixed it?

How did you fix it? Please help me!!!

This is the process I'm following, Point 7 doesn't happen. Point 9 is good. 

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
  2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
  3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.
  4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
  5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
  6. Release the unlock button.
  7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
  8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip keys.
  9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
  10. Remove key, and check all plip keys for operation.
Edited by kayvee

Try this procedure (i've not compare the procedure you posted vs the one i use in the topic attached). However, when I did mine many moons ago. I remembered that the warning lights (hazard) didn't flash but I can hear 'Clicking' sound, hence try to do it in a quiet surrounding.

When you swap your blade over to new key fob, you'll need to transfer the immobiliser transponder over too if you haven't already done it. Its like a little square/rectangle box that looks like a carbon block. Else I think you car will not start or driven.

The only thing I can think of is the key you have is not a like for like. I can't remember exactly, but i think i got one for Micra (being advertised on Ebay as compatible for 350z) and it didn't work and I have to send it back for refund. I think the part number isn't same but again, it was many moons ago hence I can't remember details. Since you mentioned you get stuck at registration mode, I suspect your new PCB isn't emitting the same frequency that your car is expecting.

I ended up buying one from @ZMANALEX or Paul on this forum (I cant remember who but both break 350z) and it works fine.

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

I’m interested to see how you get on here, as having the same issue with my spare key after it being left in a draw for years and I’m guessing the battery dying. I replaced the battery and tried the reset as you have. It worked fine for the key that already worked but not the spare. I then bought a replacement off eBay but no joy either with that one. 
so I’m guessing same issue as yourself and might have to get a key off @ZMANALEX

Edited by SHEZZA