Used Z prices - mostly more than I paid years ago.

galaxyg

I was looking at the 62 current 350Zs on AutoTrader this morning. I bought my 2005 Z in 2016 for £5k (@ 96,000 miles) and in that time it's done about 10,000 more miles. It's also had a few thousand spent on in insofar as a clutch, flywheel (at Horsham developments), tyres, near-side banana bracket, W-brace, exhaust, pads, discs, re-trimmed steering wheel, new (OEM) gear knob, S2000 stubby aerial and such - all of which is documented.  The need for all that work likely explained the purchase price which was about £1K lower than any comparable Z nearby.

But now - 6 years later, £5k still seems to be the entry price for a Z. And with more than 110K miles at that.   I've not been to AutoTrader for a while. Is this about normal these days?  Am I driving a somewhat-valuable "classic"?

Michael.

I bought mine three years ago at 106k 2005 de fairly standard for 4750 purely because I do work for the salesman, but now when I come to sell mine I’m looking at around 7ish, demand is higher for used cars as supply is not able to keep up! 

New and used vehicle prices are crazy at the moment so it’s hard to judge really. 
All due to the global semiconductor shortage. Manufacturers are struggling to build enough cars, which drives up demand in the secondhand market. 

23 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

New and used vehicle prices are crazy at the moment so it’s hard to judge really. 

I'm amazed that has trickled down all the way to a 17 year old sports car, but indeed it seems so. 

Being a regular Autotrader lurker, I keep an eye on prices generally and for anything interesting. Has to be said that there are numerous 370Z Nismos that just sit for weeks, sometimes months, at very inflated prices.