Headlamp Condensation

Buscemi

Hi, late 350z.

I've had the headlight off and dried it out and then tried to seal all around the edge but the condensation was back next day. I didn't go as for as baking the headlight and pulling apart but I did apply it all around the perimeter but to no avail. Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks

My advice would be to pull all the bulbs out vaseline all the seals including the ballast seal as these will be the most likely reasons for condensation. Unless you’ve got a crack or a seal coming away. 

Mine had condensation due to a small crack (I think).

Due to overzealous machine polishing the headlights me thinks🤔.

After jetwashing or heavy rain, it'd get condensation in.

Headlights had never been out in the 17 years I've own it since new.

I wrapped the headlights with clear film nearly a year a go and ZERO issues with condensation OR oxidation returning:teeth:.

So for a few quids worth of clear headlight film, I'd give it a go if you can see any crazing before spending on new headlights

IMG_20220504_080412.jpg

Edited by HEADPHONES

9 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

I wrapped the headlights with clear film nearly a year a go and ZERO issues with condensation OR oxidation returning:teeth:.

Where did you get your film out of interest?

2 hours ago, Buscemi said:

Thanks Headphones. Is it easy to do? Did you extend beyond the seal?

I'd get someone to help.

On the lower edge you will find the curved contours results l in the film bunching up and you'd find it easier if you can use two hands to stretch the film while someone else heats the film from above.

Watch some YouTube videos, buy some Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo to dilute down as lube in a spray bottle.

Cut a mmm or so past the edge of the lens and tuck in around the edges.

I'm the worst at wrapping and I managed a half decent job, despite forgetting to remove the top protection layer at first then ripping it all off thinking the finish was garbage:doh:.

Like I said, if you can see any crazing like in my pic it's worth a shot for a few quid.

But give the lenses a good polish first. 

Even if the lenses weren't leaking I'd highly recommend wrapping them to prevent clouding returning after polishing cloudy oxidation away.