Outdoor car cover for 370z Roadster

Will370z

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase an outdoor cover for my 370z roadster while I'm waiting for the new garage to be built. 

Any recommendations from those that have already bought one of which one to get and where from? Any advice would be much appreciated as there are lots of options out there and keen to get one that fits well.

Thanks in advance

Will

I recently did exactly the same whilst my garage was being extended. 😁

I chose a stormforce outdoor cover with the locking kit. Shame mine was for a 350z otherwise could have done a deal. Mines going up for sale now I'm done with the garage and will be replacing it with a basic indoor cover in case I need to do any dusty woodwork inside.

I really rate the stormforce but it was pricey IMO. Only thing to bear in mind - it fits snuggly so if you have aftermarket spoilers it may not fit.

18 hours ago, Payco said:

Personally not a fan. All covers do more harm than good imho.

Yes heard this too, hence why i want to ensure i get the right one for the time period it will be outdoors, particularly as it is a roadster

• Like 1

On 03/05/2022 at 12:54, GranTurismoEra said:

Condensation? 

They can cause the paint to "sweat" amongst other issues as others have said. Years ago I had a milano red Type R that I had under cover for roughly 6 months, which caused the paint to come out all blotchy and faded in places, particularly corners of the vehicle that were facing the sun 

On 05/05/2022 at 13:39, Olly350z said:

They can cause the paint to "sweat" amongst other issues as others have said. Years ago I had a milano red Type R that I had under cover for roughly 6 months, which caused the paint to come out all blotchy and faded in places, particularly corners of the vehicle that were facing the sun 

Yep. Only covers worth using are dust covers inside a dry air-conditioned garage. Ive been talking to my brother about us installing one in the garage and expanding to be able to store another 2 cars lol

Not like its being rented out or extended at the moment. Covers in general not ideal in our weather.

If you lived in a consistently dry country then sure. Morning sweats are no good for the car. Had that with the Nismo so stopped using it.

• Like 2

On 03/05/2022 at 12:16, pintopete58 said:

Hi bud in which neck of the woods are you .

I was given a cover with my roadster I don't think it was cheap and it's not elasticated I think it's one you tie up I don't want it you can have it but pickup cheers Pete 

Based in Herefordshire, thanks for the offer 

21 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

All yours  bud .

Providing  I'm available. 

Give me more details 

Tried to send you a PM but for some reason says you can't receive messages so ill pop the response here:

Hi Pete,

Thanks again for the offer, very kind.

I am heading up from Hereford to Derby early saturday morning. I can be at yours any time so let me know when you are free and your address via pm and i can pop over. Alternatively if that isn't convenient i could pop in on the way back down on sunday afternoon if you would prefer

let me know

Regards

Will

Hi Andy it was bought from a uncaring owner but now the roof works  with bungees I fitted and a trip to Surrey on Friday .

Night mare. 7 1/4 hour round trip 

To get it sorted .

Wiring problem & £695  .

Now some body work. 

Would like to get bonnet & front bumper done 

It needs more work but money is always the problem. 

But then again I've a invidia exhaust to fit and HUMPY'S SEATS to fit happy days hahaha