DAB aerials

STmichael

I am looking at replacing the original HU (non-Bose) and I am wondering what you guys have done about a DAB aerial. I know there are ones that can be mounted to the windscreen what do these look like and what is the reception like? Does anybody know of a solution to either retain the original aerial using a DAB splitter of replace the aerial itself with a DAB unit. A quick google search has not gone well trying to find a replacement DAB aerial that will mount on the rear panel. Has anyone gone as far as mounting a roof aerial and removing the original aerial altogether?

Any comments would be appreciated.👍

I had a DAB headunit fitted in 2010.

The aeiral is a windscreen one and is so discreet I don't even notice it anymore.

Here in Manchester, in built up areas I may get some drop outs and gurgling when stationary at the lights etc, but never have problems when I'm actually on the move.

I must admit I only occasionally use it seeing as I have so many playlists on my phone now, but radio 1Xtra is a always working well for me 

The adhesive hasn't failed at all despite 12 years of facing direct sunlight.

My Zed is always parked on the drive as the garage is reserved for my weekend toy.........the family Kia Sportage which handles like a bus:doh:

IMG_20220501_185651.jpg

IMG_20220501_185624.jpg

IMG_20220501_185532.jpg

Thanks for your comments. I have been looking at past posts on this subject and I am thinking of going down the DAB splitter route. A little research says that I need to remove the aerial amplifier from the circuit as this filters out the high frequencies that DAB use then the splitter can pick all frequencies and connect to the rear of the HU.