Hello from the South East!

Hi Everyone! 

I'm planning on buying a 350z HR in the next couple of months and see this is an active community and clearly a great place to start! Look forward to getting to know you all. 

I live in the South East. I'm not new to the 350z. I owned one as a 21yo but soon after buying realised that running a Zed and saving for a house deposit are different directions entirely, so had to part with it. Totally sucked watching it purr away from my parents house...

I've since pined for another and now ready to make the move. My current car is a modded Mk3 MX5 so have kept the front engine RWD manual format. Expecting the Zed to feel very different to the MX5 but still fun, just in a different sort of way. 

Anyhow, I'll be hanging about here and looking forward to being part of the forum. 

Thanks folks, and enjoy the long weekend!!

Adam 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Good evening all! 

Delighted to update you all to say that I made the purchase!! An 08 350z HR with 78k miles. Really pleased with the car so far. I can't stop looking at it on the drive 😁👌 I'll try to get some photos in the next few days and get them posted.

I am still finding my way around on here so please bear with me. I'm aware that my car needs a new clutch and I'm told too that the DMF should be changed at the same time. Countless threads on this matter and costs involved for the HR give me an inkling as to why the prior owner wanted to sell...

So I am having a new clutch and potentially DMF fitted in the next few weeks, hopefully. Are there any other parts in this region that would be wise to change whilst the clutch is being done? Things that are fairly cheap that might as well be changed if worn, for example, to save doubling up on the labour costs in the long term. Would appreciate your help/advice as yet to hang around and learn from everyone here. 

All the best and many thanks, Adam 

• Like 1

isn't with HR's?  the slave cylinder and hose needs changing. but a good garage should recommend thatIMG_20190509_171748.jpg.c6ec14d59617237e952c4774f3300df7.jpg ! hope you have a good mechanic if your not handy with spanners you need someone you can

trust kholedge is power with a Z but its a lovely car I've had my 05 DE for 3 years and love it

Lovely looking car that Steve! I think mine is the same colour as yours. I really like the grey/silver. Yours looks very well cared for. Glad you're enjoying the ownership experience!

It's being done by a garage but just want to suggest things that are usual to change based on owners advice that have experience with the specific car. Thanks for your advice there. 😎👍 Can't wait to get it all sorted. 

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am currently in the same boat as you with a clutch that may require replacement. The ‘Z’ (HR model) is my sons car that he has owned for a couple of months and has said a couple of times the pedal does not feel right when it comes back up. 
I have enquired with a couple of people on here and some say to change the DMF with the clutch and some say don’t. I would prefer to fit another DMF but some people also say to go with a SMF to keep the costs down. The key it to fit an upgraded CSC at the very least. 
Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks Michael and will keep you posted. I've seen the conversion packs for SMF as a potential cost saver but I'm not planning on big power or to track mine so daily refinement is the preference. There's an LUK kit available that appears to cover all basis and does not seem unreasonable in terms of price versus some of the Nissan quotes I've seen quoted on the forums:

https://h-dev.co.uk/product/luk-350z-hr-370z-dual-mass-clutch-kit/

Not sure if any good though!?

• 2 months later...
On 30/04/2022 at 08:03, Payco said:

Welcome along. Where are you based ?. I’m near Hayward’s Heath and happy to help if you need a second pair of eyes on a purchase at any point.

Martin 

I’m actually in Haywards Heath. We should go for a drive, if you fancy a run in the Zs

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 20:24, Adam_Williams said:

Good evening all! 

Delighted to update you all to say that I made the purchase!! An 08 350z HR with 78k miles. Really pleased with the car so far. I can't stop looking at it on the drive 😁👌 I'll try to get some photos in the next few days and get them posted.

I am still finding my way around on here so please bear with me. I'm aware that my car needs a new clutch and I'm told too that the DMF should be changed at the same time. Countless threads on this matter and costs involved for the HR give me an inkling as to why the prior owner wanted to sell...

So I am having a new clutch and potentially DMF fitted in the next few weeks, hopefully. Are there any other parts in this region that would be wise to change whilst the clutch is being done? Things that are fairly cheap that might as well be changed if worn, for example, to save doubling up on the labour costs in the long term. Would appreciate your help/advice as yet to hang around and learn from everyone here. 

All the best and many thanks, Adam 

Congratulations chap! 

On 08/08/2022 at 21:12, Borris said:

I’m actually in Haywards Heath. We should go for a drive, if you fancy a run in the Zs

Hi mate. Sorry been away for two weeks. I’ve owned a 350z and 370z Nismo but I’m now mid way thru my Datsun restoration. Do you fancy joining us at Go Japan next month at Brands Hatch ?. . Will PM you in a couple of weeks and maybe we can catch up.

Martin 

• Like 1