Pioneer SPH-DA360DAB

corbsy

Anyone got this in their car? After trying to install a replacement Bose, I gave up keeping it original and just bought this

Not great with electronics and all, but it has 3 preouts at 2v. Heard that there may be some problems with that? Not too sure on the ohms, and I think I read that the 350z Bose system was 2Ohms and I shouldn't mix them up otherwise I'll have to replace the entire setup.

Hopefully will have it delivered by the afternoon tomorrow and play a little hookie with work.  

I got the 250DAB, as long as you get the correct plug & play harness for the Bose system, installation is plug & play. You'll need to ground the light green wire though, I used one of the screws on the heater control module behind the dials. Make sure you get the Pioneer patch lead too, normally free with whatever unit you buy. This is so you regain the steering wheel controls.

I don’t suppose you have a link for the parts? The kit I have doesn’t have the iso connection adapters (even though they said this would be all I need) and I don’t know what to get. I thought this would be a plug and play job, but clearly not at the moment! 

I got the following: Wiring kit.

From memory I only bought the harness & patch lead from these people, the facia adapter was a Scoche one off ebay for about £12. I don't see the DAB aerial in your kit,  usually about £15-20. You'll need to select 'powered antennae' from the Pioneer unit during set up, from memory. I don't remember if there's any factory phono connections as it was about 18 months ago when I did mine. You won't need to use the extra metal cage, but you will need to use the factory Bose head unit brackets on the side. I found I had to cut a small piece off each of them at the bottom to get them to fit.

If you're not too familiar with fitting a stereo it can all seem a bit daunting, but there's plenty of guides around that should help you.

I’ve managed to get the stereo working but now I have no sound. There is an amplifier remote turn on lead and I don’t know where to plug this in. There is also a pre out connector on my head unit but has 7 phono leads, whereas the incartec fk-256 only has 4-5 male phono cables. So I need yet another adaptor? 

So I was able to get the stereo working and it seemed that I was being an idiot and missed what was right in front of my eyes. There was a sticker on top of the wire that needed to be plugged into the bullet adapter. So amp works but I still have the same problem: I have 6 phono connections which are specifically for the front, rear and sub (left and right) but I have a red, white, black and yellow cable which doesn't appear to be designed for this head unit. I will probably have to speak to Pioneer to see if they supply an RCA adapter compatible with the zed. I wonder if there is a way of converting the two.

But at least for now I can get sound working on the front and rear, but my sub isn't working. I think I need to take it to an auto electrician! 

My stereo is the Pioneer 230dab, once connect that blue amp wire all sound worked including the sub, would have thought yours would too 🤔

Only trouble I have cannot get steering wheel controls to work properly, they only seem to change the source on the stereo atm 🤣

If take out soon will takes pics of wiring so can see how mine is wired.

Thanks all. I fixed it in the end after speaking with cs2000; I needed to buy an additional harness which I picked up in Halfords for £9, did the buster mod and now everything works! The last problem I have is that the head unit doesn't fit properly. I'll need to drill some new holes in the original radio mounts. For now, however, I'm happy that all speakers and bass are working, and it's ridiculously loud! There is only a little gap at the bottom but the centre console will not fit all the way in. 

Did you keep your old stereo brackets? If so they should bolt on to the side of the Pioneer and you screw them into the same place. You also dont need that extra front bracket if you know what I mean, confused me for ages 🤣

Yeah, I kept the stereo brackets but every hole that I'm able to fit the stereo in, there is a massive gap on the bottom when installing the head unit into the centre console. I'm going to take it out this weekend, with work being crazy, I'm a little tired and mentally drained to be playing around with radios!

Which extra front bracket do you mean @Tomato?

There was two plastic brackets in the box with the Pioneer, one rectangular smooth, the other slightly smaller rectangular but with clips and was slightly smaller if that makes any sense at all. They go on the front of the stereo, I think both on when you get it out of the box when new.

The larger smooth one I did not need, when it was on it made the plastic panel, both lower one with heating controls and the stereo panel stick out. If you dont use, perfectly fits.

Hope that helps, can see if I have pictures as was scratching my head for ages.

• 1 month later...

If I may ask ,does anyone know what guage is the orginal speaker wires for front door speakers along with how many watts are the Bose speakers?

- I'd like to run Pioneer 3-way speakers rated at 75 watts RMS with the factory speaker wiring by simply using speaker adpater plugs. Would running these speakers with factory wiring cause any overheating issues to the factory speaker wires or I most definitely need to replace factory speaker wiring ( I prefer not replace them by drilling a hole in the molex ).

- I already have a Pioneer SPH 230DAB HU installed,which I believe has a built in amp for 4 x 50W RMS for speakers. Which works completely fine with steering controls etc.

- I also have a 2000 watt JBL GT 6 channel Amp laying around which I can use for rear speakers and sub by running the Power wire from the battery to the AMP,Remote wire and RCA s from HU to the AMP and lastly attaching the Ground wire from the AMP to the chassis.

Any help would be appreciated on running stock speaker wires to aftermarket speakers or another way around the molex.

Thanks