grams styling legit?

Jerry Pickle

I have recently been looking for an amuse spoiler for my Nissan 370z and I have stumbled across grams styling which sells them for a lot cheaper than other websites I have seen. Has anyone bought any bodykit parts from this company and if so are they good quality and have good fitment? and if not is there any other places to buy one in the UK.

23 hours ago, Jerry Pickle said:

I have recently been looking for an amuse spoiler for my Nissan 370z and I have stumbled across grams styling which sells them for a lot cheaper than other websites I have seen. Has anyone bought any bodykit parts from this company and if so are they good quality and have good fitment? and if not is there any other places to buy one in the UK.

Ive purchased a spoiler from Grams Styling and the service was excellent.  They let me come down and fit it up to the car, gave me advise and plenty of time to think.

The finish was OK, but not the best, so needed a little work.  However it was much cheaper than alternatives so not unexpected. It wasn't too bad, just a bit wavy so needed filling and levelling out. 

Its a cosmetic part so 'quality' is gonna be down to how well the bodyshop finish and fit the spoiler. If it was a bumper or similar i would be more concerned as they can be too far out to make fit right. 

With aftermarket styling parts paying more doesn't guarantee better fit/finish, ive found that some 'branded' parts have pretty average fitment considering the premium. So unfortunately it can be a bit of trial and error

Hope this helps

Edited by ballistic
  • Like 2

In my experience most aftermarket parts will need some fettling to fit perfectly so regardless of what you pay you need to factor this in although you can be lucky with some parts fitting straight on. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sim said:

I agree with @Payco, it doesn't matter how much you pay, they pretty much always need some fettling.

I'd almost argue buy cheap and spend the money getting a decent bodyshop to make them fit nicely.

Agreed. Not even OEM fits perfectly, cars change with time and as much as you think money means quality, it doesn't add up for cars IMO. Not unless you've owned the car from new and know of all the issues/dings/weird panel gaps from factory. 

Speak to a few bodyshops and get their recommendations. 

• Like 1

It can be done . I recently brought a damaged trunk hakosuka spoiler for my 510 for £120 instead of £600 from Japan. It was cracked and damaged but I cut it open, fibreglassed it and repaired and painted it. A lot of work but as good as a new one now. 

6D8A3B73-3437-4CF1-9B99-027C919FE0B5.jpeg

5BDCD1E1-CC0F-43E1-8CC3-0D5D893CC4B6.jpeg

6F0932DD-84F0-4669-9CBF-6585BDB21D92.jpeg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 2