ABBEY MOTORSPORT back racing a Nissan 350Z this year

Mark@Abbey m/s

Its been sometime since we been on this forum , work been very busy and the last 2 years have been stressful.

So last year I raced a Motorbike Suzuki Minitwin in the Bemsee Series , but decided as I am getting old and after a few crashes maybe it is time to return to racing 4 wheels , some of you may remember this car from a while ago when it was the @TeamLizard 350Z race car things have changed and we now own the car so after a tidy up and some upgrades we are ready to race again in the BRSCC Clubsport Trophy this year , pairing up with another ex Motorcycle race Steve Jordan.

Been testing and happy with our times we are running on the Zestino Gredge 07RS MEDIUM so not a Super sticky tyre like a Dunlop DJ03 running over 45mins with a driver change.

You can keep up with our times/race position @ TSL Timing  https://www.tsl-timing.com/event/221531

Abbey 350z racer.JPG

Timetable-Snetterton-16-17-April.pdf

• Like 8

11 hours ago, RyanT said:

Awesome. Is the best place to follow along in progress & your development on your Instagram? 

will try to keep this thread updated but yes will keep a flow of info on Instagram as well , also TSL timing is good to keep tabs of us during qualifying and the race.

• Like 1

1st race completed last Saturday , I qualified in 21st position only did the minimum laps to quaiify as a driver then got Steve the other driver in the car to get as much time in the car around cars, so we started in 20th due to a car dropping out , I made some good progress to gain 8 places in the 1st lap , managed to get up to 9th place overall (5th in class) then handed over to Steve , Steve dropped back till 11th , was pushing and had a spin , carried on and we finished 13th overall and 5th in class , I flat spotted a rear tyre early on, still need some work on the set up to gain sometime which we will work on before our next meeting on the 21st May @Silverstone GP. 

Short video attached of the 1st lap of the race attached;

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So time passed quickly and we was back out on in the Abbey Motorsport/Steve Jordan Motorcycles Nissan 350Z for Round 2 BRSCC Clubsport Trophy @ Silverstone GP circuit, made some major changes on the car to try to gain some more speed in the car which after the Test day on Friday we had made a good move forward. Saturday arrived and qualifying 60+ cars on the track, Steve started, session quickly stopped due to a car with an opening bonnet.... session shortened so Steve only managed 4 flying laps and Mark managed to find some clear laps and popped a 3.21.4 in to put us in 14th Position. Race Steve started (1st ever car start) kept the car all clean from other car paint , lost a couple of places to cars on the when the 1st safety car was deployed, still racing even thou SC lights were flashing but luckily they was from another class, 2nd Safety car we carried out our driver swap , back out with safety car still deployed, Mark make up a few places on the road and finished 3rd in Class and 11th on the road.

RACE 21st MAY.pdf qualifying 21st MAY.pdf

• Like 6