370z Nismo rear bumper v2

rich370z

Sorry to hear that. Get the culprit to pay for it directly to avoid a hit on his insurance and your own is my advice. Or settle at 75% of the cost outside of insurance. Just a thought.

Just because you claim on insurance doesn't mean it'll put a mark on the V5C. If it is just the bumper then their insurance should cover it easily. Remember you're not claiming on yours, they should be claiming on theirs for hitting you. 

If the electrics or taillights are broke then yeah they will probably just write it off, though not guaranteed. Would have to be a big accident imo. 

Personally I'd get a quote from Nissan and invoice it back to the guy who hit you. No point getting a dodgy part or doing them any favours. 

14 hours ago, rich370z said:

Probably a slim chance but has anyone got a 370 Nismo v2 rear bumper ? Some hero rear ended me in the queue for japfest. 

Got one brand new sitting in my garage ,sprayed in G41 black for my 370z zed but still debating if I should put it on or sell it  ....

Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear that! Let us know if we can be of any assistance, I've included some links below so you can gauge a rough idea of costs if you do decide to go brand new. 

As others have said, I would see if he's willing to sort it out privately at all so you don't risk the vehicle becoming categorised. You can even send him the below links and add whatever paint quotes you receive on top. 

We have the bare bumpers listed here: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/body-styling/nismo-15-oem-conversion-kit/18934-370z-z34-nissan-nismo-mk2-oem-rear-bumper-85022-6ga2h.html?search_query=370z+nismo+rear+&results=77

If you need trims too, we do a kit or depending how many are missing it may be more cost effective to purchase small bits seperately: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/body-styling/nismo-15-oem-conversion-kit/66799-370z-z34-nissan-oem-nismo-mk2-2015-genuine-conversion-kit-rear-bumper-complete-85022-6ga2h-kt.html?search_query=370z+nismo+rear+&results=77

As soon as insurance pick up the phone thats a recorded accident. Just get the bumper quotation and invoice him. Your premium could increase like mine did despite not claiming. If the other party decides to go through insurance to deal with you then it is what it is. 

Recorded accident led to my premium being higher for 3 years after.

On top of that getting rid of a 370 isnt easy as it is. But CAT registered a bit of a headache

I'm confused why everyone thinks it'll be categorised. I've had 2 cars hit into whilst parked up and both times their insurance sorted my car out without any change on my premium or policy or V5C. 

Yes you'll have to declare it on any future insurance quotes but if you're not at fault then it changes little to nothing. It may also get registered on insurance systems but 9/10 it doesn't. Only time it's guaranteed to be registered on the system is if insurance claim it as a write off. Provided you can drive it and no electronics were damaged then its not a write off. 

Personally find it easier letting their insurance sort stuff out because if you can request OEM parts without having to source them and you get a lifetime guarantee on work. You'll also (if applicable) get a courtesy car to tide you over. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Umster said:

I'm confused why everyone thinks it'll be categorised. I've had 2 cars hit into whilst parked up and both times their insurance sorted my car out without any change on my premium or policy or V5C. 

Yes you'll have to declare it on any future insurance quotes but if you're not at fault then it changes little to nothing. It may also get registered on insurance systems but 9/10 it doesn't. Only time it's guaranteed to be registered on the system is if insurance claim it as a write off. Provided you can drive it and no electronics were damaged then its not a write off. 

Personally find it easier letting their insurance sort stuff out because if you can request OEM parts without having to source them and you get a lifetime guarantee on work. You'll also (if applicable) get a courtesy car to tide you over. 

Similar experience. 3rd party drove into me. She accepted liability. Ran it through insurances, her insurance covered all my repair costs. Declared it as a non fault claim for next 3 years. No impact on my premium.