Door windows

Hoss

Hi guys, now getting the Zed out from hibernation to take for mot. However I have noticed that the 2 side windows both drop when opening the doors but do not return back up when I shut them. Is this likely to be something stuck and needing lubricating ( have fired Mecoil into locks with no success) 

Any half or info greatly appreciated 

906DFE6A-F930-40C8-8AB5-4FFA589AAE22.jpeg

14 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I think there's a microswitch that controls the window action in the door jamb ... try operating this with the door open

This ^^ 

sometimes it’s worth taking the micro switch off as it’s earthed through the car and giving the mating surfaces a clean 👍🏼

Windows need resetting, I had this issue when the battery went flat and needed a jump start. Can't remember off the top of my head but basically need to hold the window up switch for 5 seconds after the window is at its highest point. 

Yeah i'd try a window reset as above, mine did this after disconnecting the battery to change the steering wheel.

Every time I opened the door it would drop 10mm and not go back up.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other window

On 27/03/2022 at 07:56, Willsy1980 said:

Yeah i'd try a window reset as above, mine did this after disconnecting the battery to change the steering wheel.

Every time I opened the door it would drop 10mm and not go back up.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other window

I was aware that there was a procedure but didn't know what the steps were.

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to cut/paste/print and put it in the glovebox, just in case!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matay20 said:

Just press the ignition button once without pressing the clutch or brake to turn it on.

I meant start button.

search YouTube as there is a good video, my trickle charger came off and I had the same issue but it’s quick and easy to resolve.