19 Inch Rays alloys, but value unknown?

Nake

Hi all, I'm new here and having owned my 350Z for about 6 years now I thought I'd try and find out more about my wheels. I'm guessing they're not standard and wondered what they are worth as thinking of getting them refurbed?

Any info is most welcome

20220222_173447.jpg

Edited by Nake

£600 for the set? Not unless they're in VERY bad condition. Mint I'd say at least £1500.

Anyway yeah they're Rays Nismo LMGT4's, which I believe were a factory fit option but pretty rare. 

Very sought after wheels due to the great look and fact they're very light/strong (forged). 

They must have been refurbed at least once before because the original finish was silver with a diamond cut centre and rim like this-

post-4402-135011910834 (1).jpg

Edited by Jack94
  • Thanks 1

When I ordered my Zed in '05 and enquired about the 19" LMGT4s, they were a little over £3k as an option!

Alas I had already ticked the Nismo Aero kit option and hit my £30k budget ceiling.

I did however manage to save up for a set and in 2007 these arrived.....

I would definitely recommend a refurb to the original finish as it's truly a finish that has no worthy rivals.

Despite being 19's and wider than the standard Touring 18" rims, they weigh almost the same.

I've had these on my zed all year round for 15 years and seen no cracks or buckles

IMG_20220223_004531.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks very for confirming what my wheels they are.

Obviously they've been refurbished before going by what they should look like and I noticed the NISMO logo is on different spokes compared to the valve between wheels.

I had a price of £200 to refurb locally, but think it was for just powder coating. From the sound of it I should get some prices to refurb back to original to make the most of them.

Any suggestions for the Midlands area? I was looking at Planet Alloys in Aldridge https://www.planetalloys.co.uk/  

2 hours ago, da.murf said:

Surprised at the blatant attempts to get someone to literally give away their wheels here 

sitting well not needing a refurb then 1500 is Starting price all day 

I don't think anyone here is trying to do that ... members are always helpful, especially with newbies.

2 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

I don't think anyone here is trying to do that ... members are always helpful, especially with newbies.

It's ok.. I have no intention of selling the wheels..(Not without the car anyway). I just wanted advice on their potential value to see if they are worth spending money refurbing before they get any worse. 

1 hour ago, Olly350z said:

For what it's worth, I sold a mint set of these back in 2019 with good tyres for £1800. A highly collectable and sort after wheel

When you say mint, I'm guessing that's with diamond cut centres too?

Edited by Nake

6 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

Well I guess this guy did not know what we had and what they were worth :shrug:

Indeed he did not.

Someone on here got a real bargain and it was not me.

I honestly would have been to embarrassed to only pay £600.00 to a fellow forum member, knowing that they were worth at least double that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nake said:

Awesome, thanks very for confirming what my wheels they are.

Obviously they've been refurbished before going by what they should look like and I noticed the NISMO logo is on different spokes compared to the valve between wheels.

I had a price of £200 to refurb locally, but think it was for just powder coating. From the sound of it I should get some prices to refurb back to original to make the most of them.

Any suggestions for the Midlands area? I was looking at Planet Alloys in Aldridge https://www.planetalloys.co.uk/  

I got mine refurbed at JP Alloys in Cannock 084B467E-777B-4BE4-9713-F17564F4FB73.jpeg.9c761574208d26569fb4fbaafcc82151.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

the first response to this thread was misleading, whether it was failed sarcasm etc, a newbie member wouldn't have the background understanding that the £600 LMGT4 sales was a mental error (in my opinion) by the seller. 

17 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Indeed he did not.

Someone on here got a real bargain and it was not me.

I honestly would have been to embarrassed to only pay £600.00 to a fellow forum member, knowing that they were worth at least double that.

I absolutely agree with ZMANALEX here, something would not have sat right with me about that. Yes everyone likes a bargain, but that was a very clear case of someone not knowing the worth of something and being taken advantage of. Gumtree sale etc might be slightly more understandable but in a owners forum I would be of the opinion we look out for other members, also one mans bargain just kills the value of others items.

regarding the LMGT4 wheels themselves and the value, I can only see them rise, bearing in mind this is a prime choice wheel for R34 GTR's etc and you see the price they are going for now.