Post up your favourite local roads

HEADPHONES

Whenever I have to get to the M6 from South Manchester, I'll always choose the less direct scenic route down the A535.

Lovely sweeping roads with 50/60 limits that are more than adequate to enjoy the sound of the V6 flicking between 2nd and 3rd gear.

Not me, but a random YouTube video of part of this road.....

Although in a zed on an early Sunday morning it's more like this:teeth:......

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

My favourite local road has got to be the NC500.

Must have done it about 100 times and I never tire of it.

Not a bad one to have on the doorstep, do you ever cut off the top right bit and go up along Loch Shinn? 

6 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

North Coast 500 Scotland | Britain Visitor - Travel Guide To Britain

I love this photo.

Firstly he looks cooler and more chilled out than Snoop Dogg after smoking a huge blunt.

Secondly, I wouldn't have the balls to sit that close for the perfect portrait of that horned beast! :lol:

IMG_20220213_215541.jpg

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Looks like Scotlands the one to do then! Big trip and full week needed. A week of minimal rain and sunshine. Watch out for those midges. 

Yep. Speaking as an Englander thats done the NC500 for the last couple of years its not even worth us getting involved in this thread :lol:

Roads themselves are better, scenery is off the chart but the best thing is that other road users see you approaching at a rate of knots .......... and pull over out of your way to let you past, WTF?
Coming from Southern England where folk deliberately drive in the middle of the road to stop you making progress this is a revelation, it actually puts the pleasure back into driving :lol:

Just dont leave a Ferrari in a field ....... like I did ;) 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

That's over 6 hrs away for me:(.

Totally worth it. Once you get past Carlisle you can get straight on to some great roads and the time flies by, compared to sitting on the motorway. I'll save you a couple hours work and share a decent variation on the route too. Top tip, go anti-clockwise, that way the scenery just gets better and better as you go around.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/edit?mid=13hTAPW2flJ9ZVhPRKWthJY8XMPOqeFwG&usp=sharing

17 hours ago, docwra said:

Roads themselves are better, scenery is off the chart but the best thing is that other road users see you approaching at a rate of knots .......... and pull over out of your way to let you past, WTF?

Yes, and reminders on the good driving roads in Scotland:

2066691349_Screenshot2021-06-16at15_49_45.png.d931677496a64366c92a3a7eca412f0e.png

• Like 1