New to the group!

Hi everyone,

I'm Cal and I've owned my 2006 Nissan 350z for about a week now and it's been constant smiles every time I look at, sit in or drive it!

Really looking forward to getting more involved in the community. Any advice as to what you think is key to maintaining/upgrading/enjoying these cars would be great thank you all!😁

IMG_5334.jpeg

IMG_5338.jpeg

IMG_5340.jpeg

• Like 5

Welcome to the OC:wave:.

I've got an 05 and she does use a bit of oil now she's a bit older.

I'd check the oil once a week after she's been left overnight.

Get an idea if there is any oil consumption and how much..

For me I know mine uses about 500ml every 1000 miles so I reset the odometer and top up about 250ml every 500 miles.

Any engine will not be happy without enough oil and simple checks like this will see you avoid tears later 

Run on 98/99 octane.

If you get stuck with no choice but 95ron then keep the revs below 4500rpm until you can fill up with the good stuff.

The engine can knock if revved high on 95ron and damage your engine.

Check your tyres.

If the previous owner has mixed tyres on front and rear, the zed will not handle as well as it should and can be a bit twitchy.

Yes tyres are expensive, but in comparison to how much petrol they use it's not really a massive game changer in the overall running costs.

Ps, your zed looks mighty fine, especially under the petrol station lights.B)

I think the designers did this on purpose to lessen the pain when we fill up:lol:

IMG_20220213_015126.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Welcome to the OC:wave:.

I've got an 05 and she does use a bit of oil now she's a bit older.

I'd check the oil once a week after she's been left overnight.

Get an idea if there is any oil consumption and how much..

For me I know mine uses about 500ml every 1000 miles so I reset the odometer and top up about 250ml every 500 miles.

Any engine will not be happy without enough oil and simple checks like this will see you avoid tears later 

Run on 98/99 octane.

If you get stuck with no choice but 95ron then keep the revs below 4500rpm until you can fill up with the good stuff.

The engine can knock if revved high on 95ron and damage your engine.

Check your tyres.

If the previous owner has mixed tyres on front and rear, the zed will not handle as well as it should and can be a bit twitchy.

Yes tyres are expensive, but in comparison to how much petrol they use it's not really a massive game changer in the overall running costs.

Ps, your zed looks mighty fine, especially under the petrol station lights.B)

I think the designers did this on purpose to lessen the pain when we fill up:lol:

IMG_20220213_015126.jpg

Thank you for the great advice mate! Yes I'm monitoring the oil each week to try and gauge the usage and keep on top of it. I'm planning on coming to JDM Combe with you guys so can't wait to see everyone else's Zs!

Edited by Cals_350z

Hi Cal, 

Hello and welcome 🤙 looks a lovely example this, good to see you enjoying it! 

As far as maintenance goes these things can be pretty reliable if looked after! Make sure you keep up to date on regular services and checking on your oil and you'll be sweet! 

If your interested in being part of the Planet Jap family I have some very tasty comps out atm for you to take a look at if it's your thing its @planetjap on Instagram! If it's not don't worry look forward to seeing you this year at the shows/events 😊🪐 

• Like 1