Gran Turismo 7

StormtrooperZ

9 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

The drops here are still selling out in sub 5min, it’s ridiculous 😡

It's a similar story here with Amazon, Game, Argos and Very often selling out within minutes. I managed to bag mine through BT this week, just because they and EE are restricting sales to customers only via single use access codes - I'm not actually a BT customer, but their incompetence worked in my favour for once! :D But even with those restrictions, the standalone console usually sells out pretty quickly leaving just the more expensive bundles available for any reasonable amount of time.

AS for GT7, just me refusing to £65(+) for it then? :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

It's a similar story here with Amazon, Game, Argos and Very often selling out within minutes. I managed to bag mine through BT this week, just because they and EE are restricting sales to customers only via single use access codes - I'm not actually a BT customer, but their incompetence worked in my favour for once! :D But even with those restrictions, the standalone console usually sells out pretty quickly leaving just the more expensive bundles available for any reasonable amount of time.

I got it for £59.99 on Base.com.  To be fair i was happy to pay that for N64 games back in 1997 and they were only 32MB, not 97GB. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

I got it for £62 here using PSN vouchers from shopto. I rarely pay full price for games, usually wait for them to drop in price a fair bit before purchasing. 

But GT7 was different for me. It's my first GT since GT2 (I moved onto Xbox/360 and PGR). 

If ever a game warrants a full price purchase, it's this one in my opinion. There's loads of content/nostalgia here and there won't be a new one for a good number of years yet, so you'll definitely get your money's worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormtrooperZ said:

If ever a game warrants a full price purchase, it's this one in my opinion. There's loads of content/nostalgia here and there won't be a new one for a good number of years yet, so you'll definitely get your money's worth.

I actually agree with in principal, I just have a mental block on the actual numbers. :lol:

FWIW, I'd be happy to pay more for GT7 than I would for pretty much anything else, I just refuse to accept (or encourage) £70 as a standard launch price for new games out of principal - especially for digital downloads which have a lower cost base but there's rarely even a token discount to the end customer.

I'm probably both tight and out of touch with the world (I haven't bought a console since the PS3 - and the early "fat" version at that when it was reasonably new - when the expensive games were launched at £45, and <£40 was the standard). :lol:

• Haha 1

I picked up a copy yesterday, didn't finish installing until this afternoon. (I'm so sick of that vroom vroom song 🤣)

For whatever reason, every time the PS5 went into rest mode it just stopped downloading. 

Managed the jap compacts and the B licence so far, looking forward to putting some more time into it to pick up the Z's too. 

I'm using the controller though but it's doing the job

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 12:31, Ekona said:

God bless MS and game pass and I don’t have to worry about buying games full price :lol: 

I remember the attempted shaming by peers on spending £45 on a game instead of "garms" aka Garments to look cool. Xbox X is the more powerful console apparently