Gran Turismo 7

StormtrooperZ

9 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Definitely day one purchase here too. Even tempted to grab a steering wheel and rig setup, but that will get very expensive! 

Not cheap, but in the long run, great value for money.

• Like 1

Always been a fan of the GT series, got a wheel and pedals etc. Sadly I lost interest in GT sport, too many dick drivers just punting you off. 

So moved over to ACC on pc with the triple screen set up :) 

May be tempted back for 7, just because....

We should arrange a race/drift night once a month, a virtual meet :thumbs:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

Always been a fan of the GT series, got a wheel and pedals etc. Sadly I lost interest in GT sport, too many dick drivers just punting you off. 

So moved over to ACC on pc with the triple screen set up :) 

May be tempted back for 7, just because....

We should arrange a race/drift night once a month, a virtual meet :thumbs:

I like it. Zeds only though! 

• Like 1

I’d be worried about drift events on GT7: the physics in the game has never particularly felt comfortable with any time you lose traction, preferring instead to focus on ultimate feel in aims of having grip at all four corners. 

Does look very pretty but it’s a shame we won’t get a 4K/60 mode with RT on. Also I hate the licences and the fact that the fun 90’s specials are going to have overinflated prices just like real life :lol: 

Great to see Tsukuba back in a game though, I miss that from the hours I spent on GT4 back in the day! :drive1

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

I need to put my pre-order in for GT on PS5, is anyone running a Logitech G29 or equivalent? Any good? I know it's the cheapest setup you can possibly get but is it even half worth it?(don't fancy spending over 1k on a sim setup at the moment).

Yeah, that’s what I run, it’s totally fine for the money. It’s not like a real race car vibe but I don’t need a full F1 simulator setup, way more fun than a pad, even if it’s a bit slower.

• Thanks 1

Tbh I’d be looking more at the T248 and then looking to get a replacement wheel for it at some point: purely gear driven force feedback is horrid, and the Thrustmaster belt & gear setup feels much more natural in use. Granted it’s not as pretty, but force feedback is everything with sim racing and wheels. Hell, even my trusty TX wheel is still good enough to not bother looking at anything else right now. 

Plus have you seen the awesome add ons for the TM range… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Tbh I’d be looking more at the T248 and then looking to get a replacement wheel for it at some point: purely gear driven force feedback is horrid, and the Thrustmaster belt & gear setup feels much more natural in use. Granted it’s not as pretty, but force feedback is everything with sim racing and wheels. Hell, even my trusty TX wheel is still good enough to not bother looking at anything else right now. 

Plus have you seen the awesome add ons for the TM range… 

Will definitely take a look, appreciate the recommendation. 

Try the T3PA pedals, the brake is a billion times better. And the TH8A gear stick is a lovely piece of kit too :thumbs:

And yes, this is an expensive hobby :lol: I couldn’t go back to regular game pads for racing games now though, with the exception of the Forza Horizon series. That def wants a pad, but everything else (you have to try the official F1 games) is infinitely better with a wheel. And tbh, any wheel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Try the T3PA pedals, the brake is a billion times better. And the TH8A gear stick is a lovely piece of kit too :thumbs:

And yes, this is an expensive hobby :lol: I couldn’t go back to regular game pads for racing games now though, with the exception of the Forza Horizon series. That def wants a pad, but everything else (you have to try the official F1 games) is infinitely better with a wheel. And tbh, any wheel. 

Yeah I was going to get the pedal upgrade, but I just don't use it often enough to justify it. The dense foam mod made them good enough for what I required.

Only issue with Logitech is the size of the wheel but G29 looks solid..had the G27 never got round to using it properly. The latest Fanatec is ugly to me with button overkill and offers no clutch pedal unless going pro £700+ also expensive if you add it to a seat setup

Logitech have good quality but Fanatec and thrustmaster offer a good sized wheel. 

One day. Ideally PS5 and PC. Those Assetto Corsa map mods on PC and realistic car models and physics despite being 7 years old. Wow

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone playing this yet?  My copy arrived in the post yesterday.... 97gb download though which was annoying.  Apparently if you disconnect from the internet it'll install 80gb from disc and only need to download a 17gb update.  Wish i'd have known that before waiting for the download...

First impressions... it makes you sit through a 10 minute intro video that you cant skip, and you still have to do 50 bloody licence tests... what a joke!  So frustrating.  But... handling, graphics, and sounds seem to be spot on.  Oh, and the SSD in the PS5 means there's no loading time between races which is a big improvement.

I was happily playing for nearly 3 hours tonight... got to the final stage of license tests (super special licence) and then a game breaking bug appeared...!  I use a Logitech G920 wheel and pedals, and randomly now throughout a race or licence test, the steering angle will reset itself and slam you straight into a wall!! Sometimes you can catch it, but end up completing the race with the wheel at 90 degrees just to stay straight, which makes changing gear a ballache!

Im sure this is just a small teething issue though which will get sorted soon.  Other than that... looks very promising.

• Like 2

Yep just played a couple of hours here too. I'm absolutely loving everything about it at the moment. Started with compact car and making my way up. Currently on 200k with 10 cars in the garage. I haven't noticed any issue with my wheel yet. I've got the g923 though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

I hate you both…. Still trying to get a PS5…. Let alone any games for it 😂

I feel for you Jim... its pretty ridiculous really...

I managed to bag 2 on 21st December on Amazon at 6am - one for me and one for my Nephew.  But been looking constantly ever since to get one for my other Nephew.