Air vent/ducts on front bumper

StormtrooperZ

Anyone running air vents/ducts on the front bumper with a CAI? I quite like the look of them and the chance that they'll lower intake temps and add more intake noises! So what's not to like!?

My only concern at the moment is rain! How do they hold up when driving in heavy rain? Do the air filters get soaked? 

I have the Z1 CAIS fitted, not bothered with the vents and you can still hear intake noise at certain speeds. I suppose if you put the vents wider to the sides it will reduce water hitting the filters, on the Z1 the filters are in the middle behind the Nissan badge.

Personally, i'd duct up from lower down and not chop holes in the front bumper :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

I have the Z1 CAIS fitted, not bothered with the vents and you can still hear intake noise at certain speeds. I suppose if you put the vents wider to the sides it will reduce water hitting the filters, on the Z1 the filters are in the middle behind the Nissan badge.

Personally, i'd duct up from lower down and not chop holes in the front bumper :) 

I hear intake noise with the k&n as is too, but the idea of making it louder and adding a visual mod to the front excites me!ha.

Good shout with the piping. That was the 2nd option I was thinking of. Seen some ready made tubes for the 350z. But nowt for 370z.

Don't really  fancy using cheap universal eBay piping, but might give it a try as a first go 👍

50 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

I hear intake noise with the k&n as is too, but the idea of making it louder and adding a visual mod to the front excites me!ha.

Good shout with the piping. That was the 2nd option I was thinking of. Seen some ready made tubes for the 350z. But nowt for 370z.

Don't really  fancy using cheap universal eBay piping, but might give it a try as a first go 👍

You could template it up with the cheap ebay stuff, then go to a company and get it made from Alu tube. Might get yourself a little side earner if they can churn them out cheap enough :thumbs:

Suppose you could always cut the bumper, fit the ducts but put a diffuser type thing in front of the filter to stop direct water ingress ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I put a set of uniform holes in the bit that folds back under the number plate you can't even see them unless you get down on the floor and it let's loads more air in.

I did this to allow air in to the top of the rad as my fmic blocks the lower half

Not seen this done before. Will look into. 👍