Yellow GT4 #115

Nickbee

Hello

I'm starting this thread 11 months after buying my Zed. It had a plethora of issues on delivery, a few of which I asked questions about on here.

It looked good from a distance but up close it was a little scruffy, and I had to make a big investment on day 1 to replace knackered tyres and brakes, a wheel bearing and some other bits.

20210225_172341.jpg

• Like 1

Then a few months ago I got a mock MOT to find out what I needed to address before the big day and found lots - and lots - of rust.

I was on the verge of scrapping it and found a local place who were up for having a go at restoring it.

These things always escalate. 

First everything was stripped down: fuel tank, subframe, the works. All the underseal was removed and any rust cut out and replaced before the whole underside was epoxy sealed. A new-to-me tank was sourced along with replacements for anything rusted - W-brace, brackets, the usual. Rust on the arches was cut out and replaced before the whole car was resprayed in UY, taking the chance to fit some G35 spats and 370Z indicators (my first mods) whilst I was at it.

20211213_184229.jpg

20211215_175659.jpg

FB_IMG_1641997239218.jpg

FB_IMG_1641997248392.jpg

• Like 6

Next up are some braided brake lines, which I don't have much of a choice about as mine have started leaking.

I'm also hoping to fit a subtle lip and side extensions at some point and give the wheels a refurb to match the body.

14 hours ago, Nickbee said:

Next up are some braided brake lines, which I don't have much of a choice about as mine have started leaking.

I'm also hoping to fit a subtle lip and side extensions at some point and give the wheels a refurb to match the body.

Hi Nick, car looks good, well done for resurrecting it.

We have the Stoptech braided lines in stock if you're looking for some: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/brakes/hoses-lines/2813-350z-stoptech-stainless-steel-brake-lines-front-and-rear-95042004-95042503.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 15:52, alexgv1 said:

She looks lovely. Well done for keeping the car on the road, only 76 UK cars made in this colour! You must be happy with the match to the original colour? I was always skeptical about getting any paint work done on mine.

This was not the car's first respray, and the previous colour was nice but a little paler. This is a richer colour which I think is closer to the original. Matching wasn't an issue as we did the whole thing, but I was assured that pearlescent yellow is about as hard to match as it gets.