370z - Good time to sell?

JoshC

Used car prices have rocketed in general and whereas a year ago I would have expected £10k for my 370 it’s now worth probably £13k based on other listings.

Values seem to have held a lot better than they did on my old 350 though (which I bought at the same age for £4.5k).

Are 370’s likely to hold value well long term? Just wondering what people’s opinions are on the matter. Struggling to decide whether to let it go or not.

Two things:

- Do you need the money?

-Are you going to buy another fun car with the money?

No point selling if you’re swapping as the price of everything else has gone up as well, but if you need it for a house purchase or similar then yes, sell. A 370 is a fun car, but it’s not an investment. 

• Like 3

Got to agree with yer man above, its only a good time to sell if youre not replacing it with another car, or if youre downgrading significantly, everything thats even slightly desirable is also holding its money or increasing in value.
Will be interesting to see what happens when the prices crash, if they ever do though, I bet there will be bargains to be had 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Two things:

- Do you need the money?

-Are you going to buy another fun car with the money?

No point selling if you’re swapping as the price of everything else has gone up as well, but if you need it for a house purchase or similar then yes, sell. A 370 is a fun car, but it’s not an investment. 

hit the nail on the head there

• Like 2

I paid £23,500 for my late 2017 370Z Nismo (16.5k miles, full history and immaculate) a year ago in February 2021. Out of curiousity a few months ago I put the car's details into WBAC and was quoted, at the highest point, £27,500. It's now down to about£24k, but it's obviously a year older now and with 19k miles on it.

Looking at AutoTrader regularly, as you do, dealer prices still do seem high in comparrison, but there are a lot of 350s and 370s that sit there for weeks on end.

Ekona's two points above are very relevant.

• Like 1

I think about selling occasionally because I don't drive my Z much, but every time I go fro a drive, I change me mind, it's all about the grin factor for me.

So, I'm basically saying the same as above, unless you need the ££ for something else. 

• Like 4

As others have said, anything you buy will also have gone up in value so a pointless move unless you actually want rid.

My old BMW 335d is currently up for sale at a dealer for £27,450 - I paid £24,250 (privately) 3.5 years ago and put another 30k miles on the clock in that time! Mental current car valuations!

• Confused 1

Interesting to see what used car prices do, still shortage of parts for new cars, not convinced that everyone wants electric either, suspect they stay high for a while yet.

If you believe the experts they suggest long term 350 will hold it value better than the 370, if only I have a crystal ball 😄