Radio delete… immobiliser issue?

AlexRussell99

Hello everyone, 

a bit of back story, a friend and I picked up a car that we’re turning into a track car and breaking some parts to make the money back.

Today we decided to take the center console out and remove the old radio, gauges and the white box that connects the fans etc. 

we couldn't get the radio out at first so we decided to cut the wires that went into the OEM radio and then leave the clips inside the radio as a temporary solution (stupidly), I then went to turn on the car and realised the car wouldn’t fire up, it would turn over. It looked like the fuel sender went bad because it was showing no fuel, I thought that was odd so decided to plug everything I could back in, fan control module, gauges and it was now showing the fuel level I expected. But still didn’t fire up. 

Next we realised the red immobiliser was solid red when the ignition was on, and when the car was locked I noticed the immobiliser flashing like crazy for a couple of seconds. 

any information on what I may have done would be hugely appreciated, maybe the radio wires somehow are linked to the BCM/ECU? Causing the immobiliser to not be happy? I guess a fuse could of popped? 

I can still unlock the car with my key etc. Went off in a huff, will check fuses tomorrow. 

Edited by AlexRussell99

Not exactly sure what you have done but the head unit is coded to the ECU. So if you ever need to remove and sell the head unit, you have to get them unlinked then you can sell it.

So yes they are definitely linked but not sure to what capacity and if the cutting of wires created an issue. On a side note, removing the head unit the normal way is so simple. Not sure how come you couldn't remove it at first.

1 hour ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Not exactly sure what you have done but the head unit is coded to the ECU. So if you ever need to remove and sell the head unit, you have to get them unlinked then you can sell it.

So yes they are definitely linked but not sure to what capacity and if the cutting of wires created an issue. On a side note, removing the head unit the normal way is so simple. Not sure how come you couldn't remove it at first.

The plugs were super mauled so couldn’t even unplug them, I’ve taken radios out of 2 Z’s in the past with no problems but this one just wouldn’t come out and being a car that can’t be put back on the road we thought we’d just cut it. Maybe a fuse popped that is causing the immobiliser to stay on? Maybe it's completely unrelated?

Edited by AlexRussell99