Nismo Exhaust Internal Tailpipe Corrosion

Midlifemick

Guys,

Has anyone with a Nismo exhaust had this? There is what looks like some sort of baffle in the exhaust tail pipe and the outer mesh is completely rotten and the softer material is coming out, 2015 car with 47k?

Excuse the exhaust being as dirty, it's not normally like that 😅

What's the options, can you replace the tail pipes alone or is it new backbox as a minimum? I'm looking for an excuse to need a full new system here 🤫😂

20220113_155505.jpg.f4d5edeefcf8f637e1d0ca862665d869.jpg

20220113_155513.jpg

2 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

If you need a standard Nismo back box, got one with 5k on it in off a 2019 the loft. Was pondering selling it :thumbs: 

The short tails are a LOT louder than the standard back box, even with the rest of the system as standard.

Noise is exactly what I'm after 🤣

I'm not really interested in putting another std on on, the one I have isn't rattling or anything so would just stick with it for now. Thanks for the offer though 👍 

Yeah the standard is too quiet, Ive got the Tarmac sports short tails on, make it just about right. Loud enough but not obnoxious, take a few months of driving to bed in sort of thing but they sound nice. I assume the Torqen ones and AAM are very similar in note.

Some drone on motorways at 3k rpm but you can live with it. Hope that helps :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Willsy1980 said:

Yeah the standard is too quiet, Ive got the Tarmac sports short tails on, make it just about right. Loud enough but not obnoxious, take a few months of driving to bed in sort of thing but they sound nice. I assume the Torqen ones and AAM are very similar in note.

Some drone on motorways at 3k rpm but you can live with it. Hope that helps :) 

Cheers!

Yeah not to fussed on motorway drone to be honest, it's going to do limited mileage anyway, effectively being the second car that's not suitable for carting the kids around in.

• Like 1

Looks like corrosion has forced you to treat yourself to short tails:thumbs:.

I now wish my OEM 350z exhaust had corroded faster.

I lived with the original exhaust for 15 years before MOT advisory made me replace with aftermarket.

Sounds so much better I regret not doing it straight away:doh:

• Like 1

On 20/01/2022 at 16:56, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Resonated, non-resonated are way too loud if you have neighbours and you're using the car daily :) 

Drop us a message on WhatsApp @Coz@TORQENwill set up a discount for you: 075 9913 9999

I have neighbours, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind ha ha! It is a daily, but not mega miles 🤔

On 14/01/2022 at 10:45, Midlifemick said:

Is the rest of your exhaust system standard? Did it make much difference to the sound?

Yeah rest of the system is OEM nismo. Problem is the rest of the system has very little in the way of baffles, it's literally the backbox that does all the deadening. 

The AAMs are pretty beefy on start up, but do quieten down once warm. Town driving and idle is pretty spot on, with a nice gurgle and barble, enough to be noticed but not enough to think what a tit. Problem is motorway cruising and getting on it, they're loud and do drone between 3-5K RPM. Ultimately I want ark grip V2 exhaust but they require modifications straight out the box on Nismo's as they don't fit around the differential 

• Like 2

Short tails pop naturally. But theyre not asbo. 2 to 4 pops if the exhaust is hot above a certain temperature.

I didnt find any issue between 60-80 mph with cruise control on. If accelerating youll get some drone.

Id definitely get Resonated be interesting to see the difference with 7th gear as the revs sit at 2.1k to 2.5k 60-80mph

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Midlifemick said:

I've just ordered some polished tips, no one show me the carbon ones as I don't want to regret it 😁😅

You can always get them later and swap them depending on the day :lol: Monday-Friday = Polished and then for the weekend, change them to Carbon... like a different pair of socks for every occasion :lol:

Jokes aside, thanks for your order! My colleague is packing them up as we speak. 

• Thanks 1