Door Corrosion Under Wing Mirror

Midlifemick

Hi Guys,

Having purchased a used 2015 370 Nismo with 47k on the clock, I was surprised on closer inspection to find upon it's first 'proper clean' that there is some corrosion forming under both of the wing mirrors (one side worse than other). Having searched the subject I can see this is fairly common and others have had the issue sorted under the 12 year anti-perforation warranty. However, I'm not going to be that lucky, as mine hasn't been serviced at Nissan in the most recent years. 

My question to you all is, am I better off leaving it until it becomes obvious (at the minute it isn't really) or shall I get it sorted sooner rather than later? I understand the doors are aluminium so struggling to see how they are corroding so easily :unsure:

Pic so you can all see it 😬

Thanks in advance!

20220112_203221.jpg

20220112_203252.jpg

Common issue because of poor design causing a water trap resulting in "corrosion."

Don't let the lack of dealer service history put you off from asking your Nissan dealership to raise a claim under the 12 year perforation warranty.

The Nissan dealership may well support you with your claim as it is Nissan UK that will be footing the bill, generating much needed revenue for your dealership.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Common issue because of poor design causing a water trap resulting in "corrosion."

Don't let the lack of dealer service history put you off from asking your Nissan dealership to raise a claim under the 12 year perforation warranty.

The Nissan dealership may well support you with your claim as it is Nissan UK that will be footing the bill, generating much needed revenue for your dealership.

I'll give them a call, cheers for the advice

33 minutes ago, Midlifemick said:

I'll give them a call, cheers for the advice

I would just rock up at there dealership unannounced and ask them to inspect your vehicle and to raise a claim.

I would not even mention the lack of service and paint inspection history, just keep shtum.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

I would just rock up at there dealership unannounced and ask them to inspect your vehicle and to raise a claim.

I would not even mention the lack of service and paint inspection history, just keep shtum.

Good Luck.

Good shout, will give that a try!

Exactly the same issue with my 2014 V1... Was expecting the dealer to be a nightmare.

Turns out they were very helpful, dropped the car off and got a brand new micra to drive about in and within 3 days the car was done👍

I'm very particular about cars and I was expecting a cheap fix but they done a cracking job, how ever they did it! 

Edited by reeceybeaney

11 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Exactly the same issue with my 2014 V1... Was expecting the dealer to be a nightmare.

Turns out they were very helpful, dropped the car off and got a brand new micra to drive about in and within 3 days the car was done👍

I'm very particular about cars and I was expecting a cheap fix but they done a cracking job, how ever they did it! 

Did you have full dealer service history or not?

4 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we're all checking for corrosion. I noticed this on mine yesterday while changing out some bulbs for LED ones, rust spots all underneath the weatherstrip in the boot...eek!

Screenshot_20220115-235329_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235313_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235221_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235209_Gallery.png

Oh that doesn't look great, wonder if mine is the same! 

Not great for corrosion these cars it would seem!

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Checked mine after reading this thread, found some very minor spots in random places like the underside of the boot lid and under the roof cover.

local Nissan garage agreed this should be covered but Nissan UK have flatly refused as it hasn’t had an annual perforation check!

On 16/01/2022 at 10:42, StormtrooperZ said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we're all checking for corrosion. I noticed this on mine yesterday while changing out some bulbs for LED ones, rust spots all underneath the weatherstrip in the boot...eek!

Screenshot_20220115-235329_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235313_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235221_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220115-235209_Gallery.png

What was the outcome to this? I've looked at mine and have exactly this, in exactly the same places. It's caused me to go over with a fine tooth comb and I've not found anything else but want to get this sorted. I have full dealer history so wondering if Nissan will be kind especially as I work for them 

1 hour ago, Olly350z said:

What was the outcome to this? I've looked at mine and have exactly this, in exactly the same places. It's caused me to go over with a fine tooth comb and I've not found anything else but want to get this sorted. I have full dealer history so wondering if Nissan will be kind especially as I work for them 

I cleaned it up a little and left it to that. I don't have full dealer service history, so doubt Nissan would entertain looking at it. But for you sounds like a no brainer mate. Get on to them & see what they say.

On 12/01/2022 at 21:38, ZMANALEX said:

Spot on advice, I did exactly the same with my R35 GT-R and one of the 370z, both sorted by Nissan UK and their approved garages.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Can I just ask does this 12 year anti perforation warranty pass from each owner I have a 2014 370z nismo v1 I am 3rd owner it has full nissan dealer service history upto last service in 2022  it has this under the door mirror issue and also some starting on the roof front by the windscreen tiny but there.is it worth me going to main dealer or will they just fob me off