Burnout Mod - Dangerous in certain situations

nozb2k

Straight to the point with this one.

If you are running the CS2000 burnout mod with mismatched wheel sizes, it can cause the ABS to prevent you from braking.

I was running 265/35/19 up front and 205/55/17 on the rear; temporary solution for a couple of weeks.

A number of times I had experienced the ABS catching while slowing down.

The worst was when approaching a junction, I tried to brake and the ABS system was engaging, preventing the brakes from actually stopping me. Car felt like it was on ice and I couldn't get stopped at all, was going slow enough that it eventually did stop.

But this isn't ideal at all, if somebody was infront of me I would have hit them.

Just a PSA more than anything, running mismatched wheel sizes with the burnout module is not safe.

Not trying to bash the module, I still run it in my z.

Edited by nozb2k
posted before finished
  • Haha 1

Running that combo for anything other than an emergency ‘get you home in a couple of miles’ situation is dangerous as hell regardless of any other mods you may or may not have, tbh. 

Why would you not switch the fronts to the rears at the very least?! I’m not surprised you’ve had problems!

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 2

Agree with Dan - surely thats the mismatched wheels on there rather than the module...?

I cant remember the stock 350z tyre sizes but with 19's isn't is 245/40/19 and 275/35/19?  If so then this would be 0.52% rolling radius difference, vs 1.62% difference based on the sizes you're running.  Doesn't sound much, but could be enough to make the car throw a wobbler. 

https://alloywheels.com/tyreCalculator

• Like 2

This isn't due to the module. 

The wheel speed sensors are getting messed up info. 

'ICE mode' in ABS can be triggered by the difference in wheel sizes on any car (not just Z) , and yeah it can be really dangerous. 

It really should be more well known.

I wasn't really aware of it until recently when searching about some ABS delete options, and saw a bunch of ice mode issues on track for people. 

You may need to edit your post bud :thumbs:

• Like 2

The post isn't redundant; simply posting for a bit of exposure on the topic.

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

Not just me that’s reading that this guy is running 265/35/19 on the FRONT and the 17”s on the back, then?

Did this guy reply to my post twice and still doubt what he read in the first place?

The fact is, the burnout module allows the car to be driven with this setup and it jepordizes the braking system at times.

Edited by nozb2k

9 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

@nozb2k

What is a burnout module supposed to do ? (Obviously something to do with burnouts)

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/121590-350z-370z-full-tcs-vdc-disable-with-memory/

It's the mis-matched wheel sizes on his car that freaked out the wheel speed sensors.
The module disables tcs/vdc.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nozb2k said:

Did this guy reply to my post twice and still doubt what he read in the first place?

Well, in fairness I was giving you a chance to say “whoops, made a mistake there, that should’ve read 19” at the back instead”, which then wouldn’t have made you sound like such an utter berk for driving your car in a consistently dangerous state and then wondering why it wasn’t working properly.

My apologies, next time I shall assume idiocy rather than typo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Well, in fairness I was giving you a chance to say “whoops, made a mistake there, that should’ve read 19” at the back instead”, which then wouldn’t have made you sound like such an utter berk for driving your car in a consistently dangerous state and then wondering why it wasn’t working properly.

My apologies, next time I shall assume idiocy rather than typo. 

What exactly is your problem? Why would I say I had 19s on the back when it wouldn't have been true?

You are coming off as an absolute ****.

40 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/121590-350z-370z-full-tcs-vdc-disable-with-memory/

It's the mis-matched wheel sizes on his car that freaked out the wheel speed sensors.
The module disables tcs/vdc.

The wheel speed sensors freaking out combined with the module bypassing this behaviour is a danger, this is all I was pointing out.

56 minutes ago, nozb2k said:

The fact is, the burnout module allows the car to be driven with this setup and it jepordizes the braking system at times.

No, running different wheel radii from what the stability control is expecting is what causes the problem.

I used to run my Z with an 18 front, 19 on the back and the stability control would trigger all of the time, I got it when running drift wheels as well. 
Turning the stability control off is the only way to stop it happening but it also means you have no ABS, and sometimes the car will go crazy and youll have little or no braking at all. 

Got to say I like the way you come on with 20 posts, make an incorrect statement and then tell anyone giving you the correct answer they are wrong though, impressive stuff :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nozb2k said:

The wheel speed sensors freaking out combined with the module bypassing this behaviour is a danger, this is all I was pointing out.

The speed sensors would freak out even if you didnt have the module fitted. I know, Ive done it. 
I didnt even have to run 19s on the front and 17s on the back to manage it :lol:

What does post count have to do with anything? Am I meant to sit and chat @*!# on here to build up 1000's of posts? Post count doesn't equal credability. Sure I could have 1000's of posts, not drive a Z and still be a ****.

Edited by nozb2k

1 hour ago, nozb2k said:

What exactly is your problem? Why would I say I had 19s on the back when it wouldn't have been true?

You are coming off as an absolute ****.

That’s probably because I am. However, that doesn’t make what I’m saying any less true, like it or not. 

Running such huge wheels on the front in comparison to the rear is not only stupid, it’s dangerous to yourself and other road users. The fact you’re doing it willingly and cannot understand the simple physics behind why it’s causing you massive grief on top of the mod it’s staggeringly daft. 

If you’d done that to get you home after a puncture, that’s fair enough. Life happens. To carry on doing it whilst having your car in such a dangerous condition is… well, insert your own adjective here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nozb2k said:

What does post count have to do with anything? Am I meant to sit and chat @*!# on here to build up 1000's of posts? Post count doesn't equal credability. Sure I could have 1000's of posts, not drive a Z and still be a ****.

True. However you’d have to be an absolute numpty to expect to walk into a pub full of locals and shout at the top of your voice that the local ale they’ve been drinking for years tastes like arse and is brewed from the excrement of roadkill badgers, and not expect people to point out you’re wrong. Which is pretty much what you’ve done here. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Ekona said:

That’s probably because I am. However, that doesn’t make what I’m saying any less true, like it or not. 

Running such huge wheels on the front in comparison to the rear is not only stupid, it’s dangerous to yourself and other road users. The fact you’re doing it willingly and cannot understand the simple physics behind why it’s causing you massive grief on top of the mod it’s staggeringly daft. 

If you’d done that to get you home after a puncture, that’s fair enough. Life happens. To carry on doing it whilst having your car in such a dangerous condition is… well, insert your own adjective here. 

Swapped the rears to get through MOT. Passed MOT so I don't see the problem here. I'd still be running mismatched sizes even if the fronts and rear were swapped and I'd still have the same issue of ABS preventing me from braking while running the module.

I didn't know there was an issue with the setup until the brakes would not apply. When I found there was I problem I fixed it and thought I would share my experience.

Sounds like you just like an arguement on the internet.

Edited by nozb2k
g

25 minutes ago, Ekona said:

True. However you’d have to be an absolute numpty to expect to walk into a pub full of locals and shout at the top of your voice that the local ale they’ve been drinking for years tastes like arse and is brewed from the excrement of roadkill badgers, and not expect people to point out you’re wrong. Which is pretty much what you’ve done here. :lol: 

From that anecdote, you would be the one full of @*!#.

2 hours ago, nozb2k said:

The point you appear to be missing, despite everyone so far telling you the same thing, is that running so wildly mismatched wheel sizes is the danger here. The module is irrelevant to that equation. That is all everyone else is pointing out.

I appreciate some responses are more... 'direct' than others, but digging in, ignoring everyone else and doubling down is not going to persuade anyone that you are correct and the module is the issue. The mismatched wheel are the issue, regardless of how people present that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Who are you, and what have you done with ilogikal??? That was waaaaay too nice a reply! 

Leave it to me, I'll be the one to say it bluntly. 

So basically the OP is annoyed that the software didn't take into account someone running not only a massively incorrect, but frankly dangerous wheel setup and is now mad that the system did not behave the way it was intended, because again, it was being fed massively incorrect information from the dangerously fitted wheel set up (that the op fitted, not the tuners). 

OP doesn't like being picked up on this, so is now getting knocky. FYI, MOTs are the barest minimum road standard, so the fact it past an MOT does not mean it's safe. Huge difference, just like your missing matched wheels

Thread/

• Haha 2