Rear bumper lights for EU

MartinW

I am going to be exporting my car to Germany. One of the requirements will be for the fog light to be on the left instead of right.

I was thinking about buying something like these https://www.ebay.de/itm/233623400174

Then splitting the wire for the fog and reverse lights or extending them to reach the opposite sides.

Before I do that though I was wandering if anyone knows can I just take the existing lights, swap the left and the right and turn them upside down?

They look like they would fit but I haven't taken the bumper off to have a close look to see if they really are symmetrical like that... Anyone had experience doing something similar?

I'm 99% you won't be able to just swap them over no, they are subtly different in there shape so they won't fit. 

You can extend the wiring, that's pretty easy and straightforward on the 350z rear bumper. Wouldn't you be better off just buying a set from a German 350z? That way you know the foglights on the right side and they'll fit? 

If you removed both units and open both units, the fog light is removable as i done the fog light lenses clear out years ago, could the red fog plastic lens and the silver reflector be transferred to the other unit and then extend the wire across? just a thought 

Interesting thought, would there be an issue with having a worse seal when reassembling though?

I was hoping to avoid taking everything apart only to find out I do need to buy something then having to put it all back again... If someone has a set sitting around and has the time to check it would be appreciated but the LED lights aren't to expensive and look quite nice so I think I'll just get those. Looks like torqen sell them as well so don't have to rely on a dodgy eBay seller