Hfc question

MONKEYSOCKS

My mates just bought an invidia gemini exhaust but is not sure whether to get berks or invidia hfc's. Does the ividia hfc match up better considering he's already got the same brand of exhaust? Know alot of people run berks on here regardless of what exhaust they have,so thought I'd ask. 

Unless he's planning on getting the car remapped to get the best gains from the setup I personally really wouldn't bother with HFC's and just enjoy the sound without having a headache every year for MOT. 

Unpopular opinion I know, but when I ran torqen HFCs mated to a Injen SES exhaust I had no ends of issues which really spoilt the car for a considerable time. Having said that, if you truthfully want an answer then I would always marry the two systems together, so my vote goes for invidia 

3 hours ago, Olly350z said:

Unless he's planning on getting the car remapped to get the best gains from the setup I personally really wouldn't bother with HFC's and just enjoy the sound without having a headache every year for MOT. 

Unpopular opinion I know, but when I ran torqen HFCs mated to a Injen SES exhaust I had no ends of issues which really spoilt the car for a considerable time. Having said that, if you truthfully want an answer then I would always marry the two systems together, so my vote goes for invidia 

As far as I'm aware, he will be getting the car remapped as he's getting mrev2 plenum and 5/16 plenum as it's a revup. 

4 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Yes mate had it since 2014 only done approx 20k since then ! Had the EML light on a few times at first and has always passed the MOT ok until this last time where it just scrapped through ! 

Have you had an remap mate? If so did the eml light stop coming on afterwards? 

2 hours ago, MONKEYSOCKS said:

An uprev remap will stop the EML light coming on as they switch off the rear O2 sensors as part of it. The rears only monitor post catalytic performance so aren't necessary 

On 28/12/2021 at 10:58, SHEZZA said:

Yes mate had it since 2014 only done approx 20k since then ! Had the EML light on a few times at first and has always passed the MOT ok until this last time where it just scrapped through !