370z vs GT86(F/I)

DeanL

First of all hope everybody is having a great christmas, secondly sorry if this post is in the wrong place!.

As of 6 days ago i've unfortunately found myself in the market for a new car. This is thanks to the efforts of a 3rd party driver deciding they prefered my side of the road better than theirs..🤦‍♂️

I know this is a zed forum but I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the GT86/BRZ platforms?. The current options I'm contemplating are either going back to a 370 or trying out a GT86, a lot of the people I've spoken to have mentioned the obvious power differences between the VQ and the boxer, however I was planning on running a turbo from Tuning Developments if I did pick up a 86 to try and alleviate the power differences.

I was just hoping a few people here would have some opinions or experiences with both platforms and could offer some insight.

4648655.jpg

• Sad 5

Wow. That looks horrific. Hope everyone made it out safely. I feel like I'm cheating on the zed, but I do fancy a turbo'd 86. I find myself checking the classifieds all too often when the zeds not looking. 

I should really go out and test drive one and see how it compares to the zed really.

Will watch the thread for insight! 😎👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope you and everyonr involved is safe and sound. No decision to make imho. Z every time. Been in the Toyota and it doesn’t compare whatsoever. In a lower league by far. Just My two cents worth .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you've got the time, money and patience, try the GT86 (or heck even something really different) but you know what you get from the Z and if you're a fan, you're likely to always be a fan. 

It is so cheap and simple to run, I've not owned another (half decent/powerful) car which has been as hands off as the Z. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like an awful crash, as others have said, as long as you're ok the metal can be replaced.

We did look a GT86 for my wife when I pulled her 350z apart. 

Got close to buying a supercharged GT86, looked at one Abbey Motorsport had built, the extra power was very tempting, but a black rose 370z roadster won in the end. 

That does look nasty, and I hope everyone is ok. 

I personally prefer the Z, but I do also like the idea of a GT86(preferably with either a turbo or a supercharger bolted to it) because of their lighter weight. Both are good fun cars I reckon.