(Video) Time for new Radiator? Hairline crack spitting coolant.

DarmoZ

Was idling on the driveway when suddenly smoke and a puddle of coolant under the car.

After some investigation and cleaning it seems like the top of the DE OEM radiator is plastic and mine developed a hairline crack, car is 2004 this is the original rad from factory.

I'm guessing its new rad time? if so any recommendations or thoughts between Mishi or Koyo?

Coolant leaking - YouTube 

Thank you.

Edited by DarmoZ

10 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Koyo is a far superior brand to  Mishi and that is clearly reflected in the price.

However, I have a good preowned rad in stock which would be the cost effective route to go.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Thank for the info. Questions if you don't mind, is both Koyo and Mishi plug n play direct replacements? Was taking a look at the Mishi fan and shroud kit too, i'm guessing that is compatible with the Koyo rad too if i get the Koyo? In what way is the Koyo superior, both will give me adequate cooling performance since i'm not tracking the car, build quality and reliability are my main consideration.

Depending on the cost of parts and labour TarmacSportz give me tmr i might consider the used one you have.

Thank you.

Koyo is a superior build quality and provides superior cooling.

Regarding the fan and shroud kit, best to stick with OEM style instead of Mishi.

The OEM style has the best shroud shape so performs better.

Also in stock and good to go same/next day:

Image below:

350z HR TYC Complete Radiator Fan Shroud with Motors and Fan Blades

5 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Koyo is a superior build quality and provides superior cooling.

Regarding the fan and shroud kit, best to stick with OEM style instead of Mishi.

The OEM style has the best shroud shape so performs better.

Also in stock and good to go same/next day:

Image below:

Thanks, i think the fans are still fine, some coolant got into the plug part when it was spraying, but they are waterproof anyway? I'll just use the same fans if they are working fine which i think they are, otherwise ill reach out for a replacement.

So the car is in with tarmac, they already ordered in the fan shroud kit so they installing it together with new mishi rad which they did me a deal on. New hoses too.

Been researching the mishi fan kit, it seems they give you overheat problems with stock radiator and usually only if you live somewhere like AZ where summer reaches 45. With the Mishi radiator providing better cooling, the fan shroud kit should be sufficient (especially for UK). But anyhow i'll see how i get on, I'll report back my experience over the next months and summer.

I'll have the car back tmr (along with new front discs and pads which was what the car was originally scheduled to go to them for, radiator just happened to break day before LOL)