Door lock actuator

Reece9426

Hello! 

Needing help with a problem that I have just noticed on the car. So it seems the door lock actuator is out and the door is not locking at all no noise when locking or unlocking the car, tried both keys and the physical key and nothing. 

Question is can it be repaired not had a look at it yet or is it just a replacement part? 

Will any 370z lock actuator work or will it need to be one for that model or car? (2014 nismo) 

Thanks!

Not quite the exact same issue you have as mine wouldn't unlock, rather than failing to lock, but otherwise sounds very similar to an issue I had. I just completely replaced it. It seems like a pretty sealed unit so I'm not sure how much luck you're likely to have trying to repair it.

Ended up taking mine to a garage to get it replaced as it's tucked behind the inner door skin which if I remember correctly is held on by a combination of bolts and rivets. I'm sure it's probably possible to replace yourself, I just didn't fancy drilling out rivets with no idea what else might be behind there

22 minutes ago, BSZ-Blake said:

Not quite the exact same issue you have as mine wouldn't unlock, rather than failing to lock, but otherwise sounds very similar to an issue I had. I just completely replaced it. It seems like a pretty sealed unit so I'm not sure how much luck you're likely to have trying to repair it.

Ended up taking mine to a garage to get it replaced as it's tucked behind the inner door skin which if I remember correctly is held on by a combination of bolts and rivets. I'm sure it's probably possible to replace yourself, I just didn't fancy drilling out rivets with no idea what else might be behind there

You know the part number at all? Just to double check as Iv put an order in for one as having the part there if they can't fix it is better then none. Yea I don't fancy doing any of that aswell so going to a trusted garage.