...the 2021 F1 Chat Thread

coldel

Attempting  to change a person is very different to having an opinion on how a person goes about something.

Attempting to improve Max's "time on track" (which literally no one has mentioned so far) is VERY different to having an opinion on how Max races and challenges for position.

It's very clearly the poor way you put yourself across if, far from the first time, no one has the faintest clue of what your point actually is, much less it's relevance to the conversation that's going on around you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

You won't be able to tell Max anything about this game so to speak that he doesn't already know. Furthermore you won't be able to give him any practical advise on how to improve his time on track beyond anything other than theory. 

No PM received, shocker - you're trying to point score rather than seek information having asked a question - you're not genuine, good day.

On the first bit, he has spotters, race engineers, tyre engineers, sim engineers - all manner of advice from non drivers - do you think these people are from another planet or something?
I advise people daily on stuff I dont actually do, while we wouldnt be able to tell him much about actually driving the car theres a lot of other aspects that you might give good advice on.

On the second bit this is a discussion forum where 99.9% of users manage to have intelligent conversations in public, kinda part of the point of a public forum.
Why should anything go to PMs, the rest of us manage alright without?  

Its undeniable that at least two of your comments on this thread have massively contradicted the stuff you were banging on about a few weeks ago, just accept it and move on, you cant be right about everything ;) 

Cheers for the input

1) Those folks you mentioned will have credentials ie professionals and even though aren't competition drivers themselves, will be able to provide valuable information with ideas on how to extract lap times from the car or heat management of the tyres through actual experience of the data. Not just you need to x and have no clue on how to achieve x.

"we" wouldn't be able to tell him anything about driving. 

2) Because the question wasn't related to the topic, I thought it prudent not to diverge.

I don't follow what you mean.....

Edited by davey_83

Tbh mate, you rarely say anything that’s related to the topic in question that doesn’t turn out to be a bunch of blithering nonsense. 

We as fans can all have an opinion. Some might be more relevant or precise than others, depending on experience, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t share them. The more ridiculous opinions will simply be laughed at, something I’m sure you’re more than aware of. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docwra said:

On the first bit, he has spotters, race engineers, tyre engineers, sim engineers - all manner of advice from non drivers - do you think these people are from another planet or something?
I advise people daily on stuff I dont actually do, while we wouldnt be able to tell him much about actually driving the car theres a lot of other aspects that you might give good advice on.

On the second bit this is a discussion forum where 99.9% of users manage to have intelligent conversations in public, kinda part of the point of a public forum.
Why should anything go to PMs, the rest of us manage alright without?  

Its undeniable that at least two of your comments on this thread have massively contradicted the stuff you were banging on about a few weeks ago, just accept it and move on, you cant be right about everything ;) 

I've just read this thread from top to bottom, and I'm relieved to see that at least you know the difference between 'advice' and 'advise'

Next week we're going to find out who knows when to use 'it's' and 'its' ...  week 3 will be general punctuation.   :) 

Back to the discussion ... sorry for the interruption, but it's my job :rule:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked Jackie Stewart since seeing the footage of him pulling Senna to one side to go over his overtaking tactics. His unorthodox route to single seaters was quite something, i can't wait for his life movie to be made.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sir-jackie-stewart-abu-dhabi-hollywood/

many who felt the title result had been made to feel artificial, but Stewart does not agree.

“I think it was handled in the right way. It was done correctly, there was no film business in this,” he told Motorsport.com

“This was not Hollywood, this was pure and the public enjoy that authenticity. Never in the history of the sport has there been such a lock.”

Asked if the race should have ended with a red flag, Stewart replied: “No, because there was actually no reason for a red flag.”