Clean Air Zones......are you affected?

HEADPHONES

My dad lives in London.

He is the official taxi for my two brothers kids.

With the new expansion of the clean air zones, even though he's by no means Central London he will be paying clean ai zone charges to drive through Clapham as his 2013 Kia Sorento isn't exempt.

When I checked online, neither is the 350z or our 2006 Mini Cooper.

Up here in Manchester they're setting up ANPR cameras for their clean air zone charging next year.

Only Commercial vehicles are affected apparently, but I don't think it will be long before they include private cars too when the money starts rolling in.

I think this is how they'll get rid of petrol cars in the end:(

My bad.......I must've just looking at the first part of the form and saw the words CHARGE £15-17.50 a day and not looking below for the ean air exempt:doh:

I still think these ANPR cameras in Manchester are the start of many more charges to come , be it clean air or congestion

15 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

My bad.......I must've just looking at the first part of the form and saw the words CHARGE £15-17.50 a day and not looking below for the ean air exempt:doh:

I still think these ANPR cameras in Manchester are the start of many more charges to come , be it clean air or congestion

Down here, every possibly entryway into the Congestion Charge zone or LEZ/ULEZ are monitored by ANPR cameras - every single road. I now live (150 yards) inside of the newly extended ULEZ and there are not-so-shiny-new cameras up at the end of the road whcih went up long before the signage did!

Bristol bringing one in next year, two small sections on my commute which is annoying. 

Sold the Z and got a Scirocco TDI as a mile muncher but now gonna have to get rid or it will cost me a fortune.

Z exempt so may buy another, plus I really really miss the Z

• Like 1

The classification is Euro 4 for petrol and much higher for diesel so it is targeting those nasty diesels (that the government encouraged everyone to buy not so long ago as a usual knee jerk policy with no thought to subsequent impacts). To be honest you are pretty unlucky if your petrol car ends up below euro 4, my old VX220 turbo was fine and most V8 vantages and the like are all fine too. I'm sure it will get tighter in future as part of the overall plan to get us in to EVs. The electric car tax free policy is again just a short term policy to encourage EV take up, as soon as it hits a decent level taxation will follow of course.

Of course, we are polluting the environment and contributing to climate change, but on the plus side we were one of the lucky few who get to experience the pinnacle of ICE before it is removed for good, which is why I am always looking to try different cars!

• Like 2

I suspect electric cars will get found out before we totally ditch petrol engines. Think we're all sceptical after the diesel debacle. 

That being said, I'm eager to get a hybrid or electric daily ASAP. Seeing Corollas getting 70mpg makes my pocket jealous. But yes, if you can afford a sporty car then do it whilst you can. More and more people want one and there are less and less of them about. 

2009 GTRs were going for 25k not too long ago and now they creeping upwards. 

• Like 1