Clamping down on modified vehicles

davey_83

I am all for this providing it is done in a measured and controlled fair and reasonable manner.

It will take years to complete even the consultation stages.

Transport minister Trudy Harrison said the consultation was aimed at future technology to prevent alterations that "NEGATIVELY" impact on road safety, vehicle security and the environment."

If you read the survey in its entirety, then some bits are fine like forcing manufacturer recalls, or ensuring safe operation of autonomous systems. However, the section that criminalises modifying is the one that needs to be chucked out. 

• Like 1

Tenner says they stick a rule in that exempts cars made before current year minus 20, so the classics can do what they want and the modifying scene for anything reasonably new is killed stoned dead. It's big vote winner amongst the middle class mafia and non-petrolheads, getting tough on loud exhausts, body kits, stance, air lift, you name it - because we all know EVERYONE who does that stuff is also speeding, doing burnouts in car parks, selling crack, human trafficking, etc etc etc.....

When we all know the most dangerous drivers all have poverty spec 2 litre diesel BMWs and Audis 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• davey_83 changed the title to Clamping down on modified vehicles
7 hours ago, Stutopia said:

When we all know the most dangerous drivers all have poverty spec 2 litre diesel BMWs and Audis 😉

Nah, it's the oblivious ones doing 35 in a 60 in a Daewoo Matiz that force every other normal driver to risk an overtake when they really shouldn't.  These guys need locking up!!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, marzman said:

Nah, it's the oblivious ones doing 35 in a 60 in a Daewoo Matiz that force every other normal driver to risk an overtake when they really shouldn't.  These guys need locking up!!

My wife and I noticed the same.

Why is it always a Matiz FFS?

Edited by Sim

13 hours ago, marzman said:

Might have been a Matiz that actually stopped on the sliproad while trying to join M11 at 5pm the other day 🙄

I saw it coming so went for the undertake ....... only for my BMW to go into limpmode as its got a dodgy coilpack. 
Turns out a 135i running on 5 is still slightly quicker than a 40 ton artic :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...