Took the plunge .. now the fun begins !!

Hi all, been looking at 350s for last few months since going to a few meets/shows etc. with my son in his IS200 which he's been modding, finally took plunge a few weeks ago and bought an 08 with 91K, was intending getting one to mod with my son and drive weekends track etc. but as it this one pretty much has everything done apart from coilovers much to the relief of the missus 🙂 .. but it doesn't end there looking underneath rust reminds me of old alfas scary so just bought the rust buster kit and will be tackling over winter when possible.  Quick question as i remove bits I'm expecting to have to replace nuts/bolts and just wondered did Nissan use regular metric M sizes ?  Cheers anyway hope everyone is enjoying their Zs might get to see some next year

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

On 03/11/2021 at 15:42, MicktZZZ said:

Quick question as i remove bits I'm expecting to have to replace nuts/bolts and just wondered did Nissan use regular metric M sizes ?  Cheers anyway hope everyone is enjoying their Zs might get to see some next year

I would'nt want to give you the wrong info, but I think so and in terms of where to get bits and bobs, ZMANALEX is some sort of 350z parts wizard from what I read... Also I have found Torqen very helpful! hope that helps 

I'm on the same boat stripping the rear end although not yet invested in the rust buster kit yet.  From what I can see Nissan uses Metric sizes, although some threads are very fine.  Search for the big kit of metric size tap and die if you plan to clean the current bolt up.!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...