Calendar 2022 - Feeler Thread

Stutopia

Please can you let us know below if you would be interested in purchasing a club calendar, so we can see if the demand is there to keep this tradition going. I expect pricing to be roughly the same as usual ~£20 for one, ~£30 for two.

Last years to whet your appetite.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stutopia said:

Please can you let us know below if you would be interested in purchasing a club calendar, so we can see if the demand is there to keep this tradition going. I expect pricing to be roughly the same as usual ~£20 for one, ~£30 for two.

Last years to whet your appetite.

Johnny Chimpo!

What did you make this video in, out of interest?

• Like 1

People who submit photos of their cars for consideration for the calendars will obviously be disappointed when their pride and joy does not make print.

I do not know the procedure for selection, however, not every entry can make the final 12, but to suggest that there is some kind of conspiracy going on smacks of "toys out the pram" and defamation.

I personally don't care what the selection process is or whose cars are in the calendar and that does not deter me from buying every year.

I also really appreciate all the unpaid time and effort that must go into organising these non profit making schemes, all for the benefit of forum members, and we should all be applauding and supporting the forum staff and such schemes and not calling them out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pintopete58 said:

The way I see it is, a very limited space so they put Zeds on the front and the same car inside .

I think that may be due to lack of suitable entries for the calendar, so they have perhaps had to "duplicate"

For clarity.

The process is simple, I try to get 12 photos for the inside, no more than one per member, that are taken at a resolution that doesn’t look awful when printed out. Which should be easy in the era of modern smartphones with DSLR quality images, but you’d be amazed.

Ideally they’d be at least 12 shots where there isn’t a puddle of snowfoam from a wash 5 minutes previously, or a lamppost half way across it, or with an open wheelie bin in shot or 40% of the image isn’t massively under/overexposed or someone’s face isn’t poking over the roof line . 

The last two years it’s been incredibly difficult to get just 12 months of shots. The remaining entries that come in, I try and get them all on the front cover, if there is space.

I did make one mistake, in 5 years and 200 odd photos and one got on the front that was also inside. I’m genuinely sorry I made an error and I’m happy to apologise again, if it makes up for it @pintopete58 

No one has ever got in the calendar for anything other than having the best shots on a given year, if you feel you’ve got grounds to slur me on here, open up and tell everyone what you “witnessed”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

I wasn't sluring you .

And It wasn't aimed at any individual .

God it's getting like the covid jab.

Well you were because I look after the calendar, so talk me through what you witnessed.

Or did you just make it up and then post it on the forum for all to see, without anything to support what you claim to have happened?

What I can tell you does happen is that the mod team spend a **** load of their own free time trawling through pics, democratically selecting winners, uploading everything and creating the calendar, collecting details for postage and collecting payments and posting out their own body weight in calendars - all for members benefit on here. 

• Like 1