Wanted - 350z HR/Revup

Kryptek49

Starting to miss my 350z HR that I sold a couple of years ago...

Anyone selling an HR or Revup in decent condition?  Preferably less than 100k miles, but open to anything that's been well looked after.  

Budget is around £8k HR, £6k Revup. 

Revup would have to be in Blue or Orange, HR either Silver or Black.  Must be GT spec.  Not interested in anything that's been written off.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get rid of my revup roadster in blue, 56 plate, last MOT (pass) was Jan 2017 but it's been SORNd and in the garage since summer 2017. Starts up fine when jumped and gets driven around to keep things okay.. Quite a few mods, see my build page. Done about 50k miles, few paint issues (scratches) and slight repaired tear in the hood but only want about 4.5K for it bearing in mind it will need to be trailered and a bit of work done to it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, ended up going with a e91 335i instead, bit different to the Zed!  

In hindsight, wish I'd stuck with the Zed...  The BMW is lovely, 100x better quality inside than a Nissan, but it looks like I bought a bit of a lemon - the crank bolt came loose at about 6k rpm, pistons hit valves, and I'm now stuck fitting a new engine in it!  Only had it for about a week before the engine blew up lol.  Never had that issue in my HR!!

Reason for failure is a garage did the headgasket on it and reused the crank bolt which is torque-to-yield.  They only did the work in April this year but aren't interested in helping as I'm not the original owner...

Lovely looking car though!

20b66dcf1ecf41abbddd0f52001d1945.jpg.ef455db8dbcd129fd1abbdb95f6186f9.jpg

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

I hope the garage are doing the work properly this time??? And under warranty.

Nope...  I've got a £3k invoice for them replacing the headgasket and installing a timing kit, but they want nothing to do with it as I'm not the one that paid for the work. 

I'd called them up a week or so before when I was having a couple of issues with the car, and they suggested replacing a few common causes of timing codes like vanos solenoids etc, then they used the fact I'd worked on the car myself against me to say that it might be my fault. 

I later found out that the crank bolt was completely loose, so definitely nothing I did.  The garage isn't local to me, so not like I can do much about it! (DMS Performance in Caldicot, if anyone wants a garage to avoid!)

Currently halfway through pulling the engine out on my driveway, not the best time of year for it!

IMG-20220102-WA0001.jpeg.6de1b0c4ef466f079aaf5081b5cdc065.jpeg

Edited by Kryptek49

Bastards - the work should have been covered no matter who owed it. With hindsight it may have been worth offering the guy who you bought it from a few quid to take it in to them, but as they say, Hindsight.... something i'll keep in mind for future. 

• Like 1

Yep it's a bit of a bummer 😅 

New engine all in will cost me about 3k, it's sort of put me off the car though, so I'm thinking of just flipping it once it's all running well.  

Only issue with selling it is I'll never find another one like it...  BMW only made 19 of the LCI 335i estates with a manual, so it's not something that comes up for sale very often at all.  

Hopefully once the new engine is in my love for it will come back!  The 3 litre twin turbo engine really is great when it's running properly.

2 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Yep it's a bit of a bummer 😅 

New engine all in will cost me about 3k, it's sort of put me off the car though, so I'm thinking of just flipping it once it's all running well.  

Only issue with selling it is I'll never find another one like it...  BMW only made 19 of the LCI 335i estates with a manual, so it's not something that comes up for sale very often at all.  

Hopefully once the new engine is in my love for it will come back!  The 3 litre twin turbo engine really is great when it's running properly.

I love old BMWs and miss having one for shows etc. My last one was an E39 540 Sport, a Jap import and in perfect condition - I regret selling it. 

Depending on your circumstances of course, I'd hang on to your E91. Rare and certainly a modern classic, good looking tourer as well.

Damn I can see why you regret selling it, that's a beautiful car. 

I think I'll keep it tbh, its just not a great start to owning it! They remap really well up to about 450bhp with only a few basic mods, so power wise its brilliant. Feels about the same as my HR with it mapped to 360hp, but it is much heavier 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Damn I can see why you regret selling it, that's a beautiful car. 

I think I'll keep it tbh, its just not a great start to owning it! They remap really well up to about 450bhp with only a few basic mods, so power wise its brilliant. Feels about the same as my HR with it mapped to 360hp, but it is much heavier 

I know, I had it for three years and was the first owner in the UK after it was imported from Japan. Oh well....

Good decision on your E91.

540.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...