Mishimoto Oil Cooler

JayT

Hello people, 

Is anybody running a Mishimoto Oil Cooler? 

I’m thinking of adding one to my car, I would like to try and get it round some tracks next year and wondering how much it could benefit. (My car is only driven weekends anyway).

Also, have people fitted it themselves, I am no mechanic but love giving everything a go to learn before giving it somebody else.  It does say difficulty 3/5 which doesn’t seem too bad. 

Would it be better to get a Thermostatic or non-thermostatic cooler? It will be used on the road too.

Thanks in advance for any responders :) 

Jay

A760F25C-2D18-448B-8EE7-CB6C9BABEDB6.png

Edited by JayT

Just fitted this exactly that kit this weekend, what do you want to know? I haven’t driven with it yet. 

I got one to keep oil temps down on track, plus the increased oil capacity - Just for peace of mind. 

Go thermostatic, else the oil may not get up to temp during daily driving (especially in cooler weather). 

No issues with the kit, I mounted mine pipes facing up as I was concerned about trapped air. Big braided lines take some man-handling to route nicely, and lots of zip ties / foam tape to make sure they aren’t coming into contact with anything as they snake into the engine bay. 

No instructions which was annoying, nor torque specs. I believe (double check this yourself) I did the sandwich plate to 35ftlb with a dab of red loc-tite to ensure it doesn’t unscrew when changing filter. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RyanT said:

Just fitted this exactly that kit this weekend, what do you want to know? I haven’t driven with it yet. 

I got one to keep oil temps down on track, plus the increased oil capacity - Just for peace of mind. 

Go thermostatic, else the oil may not get up to temp during daily driving (especially in cooler weather). 

No issues with the kit, I mounted mine pipes facing up as I was concerned about trapped air. Big braided lines take some man-handling to route nicely, and lots of zip ties / foam tape to make sure they aren’t coming into contact with anything as they snake into the engine bay. 

No instructions which was annoying, nor torque specs. I believe (double check this yourself) I did the sandwich plate to 35ftlb with a dab of red loc-tite to ensure it doesn’t unscrew when changing filter. 

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for the info, way more than I could’ve asked for 👍🏼. I will be doing some road driving so as you say a thermostatic would be more beneficial. I think I will be ordering myself one. 

Would you be able to drop a response after a could of drives to let me know how you get on? 

Hopefully may see you on track next year :) 

Thanks again, Jay. 

On 10/10/2021 at 20:55, RyanT said:

I've also fitted mine recently.

Pretty much the same experience as above.  I had issues finding a nice way to run the lines which caused me a few headaches but otherwise the kits works great.

I used the thermostatic plate.

• Thanks 1