MidlandZ Club Meet - Oct 2021

davey_83

11 hours ago, TrevB said:

Hi, 

relatively new owner, is this meet open to all or club only? if club, how do I approach about membership please.

Many thanks.

hello and welcome Trev. Club membership is a nominal £20 a month subscription via direct debit. Here are my, sorry, the club bank details...

Obviously only kidding. You’ve signed up, you’re in! We’re just as much a community as we are a club, there are no fees involved. :thumbs:

• Haha 3

Did you know my middle name was Downpour 😂 

As per usual the weather is looking absolutely shocking for tomorrow's meet. What do we reckon to going to Bridgeway Multi Storey in Stratford-upon-Avon instead? It's 24hrs and at the time we're going will be quite so can all park together. It's £3.50 for 3hrs

parking.jpg.2629623f9f38f1e19ce3a38c4c71471a.jpg

Edited by davey_83

Yeah absolutely no pressure to come, it's a fair distance also. Every day this week the weather has been better than forecast here in the Midlands at least, however the option above provides a plan B. It's like I work for government haha 

The meet for tomorrow is definitely going ahead for those who want to venture out. Thankfully the roads haven't been salted yet. Will gather at the pre meet and depending on the weather tomorrow choose Evesham or Stratford-upon-Avon 👍

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

I agree the weather is not predictable at present although rain has been the order of the day down here this week and the forecast for Evesham tomorrow is heavy rain however quite often before the festive season bah humbug you get that autumn cold but sunny dry days you know the ones when the suns so low you cannot see a bloody thing so maybe another event could be organised although I very much appreciate it’s someone else doing all the organising. Good luck for tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tinyflier said:

I'll see how it looks tomorrow before making the short (!) trip from (today) sunny Manchester.

If going to Stratford I'll probably be a no-show - my GTR and multi storey car parks are generally NOT good together!

David

Another Manchester member:#3:

Along with "Mr V6" that makes 3 of us I know of:thumbs:

Just got my zed ready.

Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare.

Went to change my blown side lights.

5 min job they said 

No need to remove the wheel they said.

So I jacked up the car.

Full steering lock 

Took off 3 arch clips 

Moved it aside 

Saw the bulb.

After 1/2 hr of twisting on it with finger and thumb it wasn't budging 

So got my pliers.

After 20 min of trying to get them on the bulb I dropped the pliers between the liner and the bumper via the red arrow where they found a new home marked "X":doh:

Then it went dark.

So today after taking the kids out I took the wheel and the whole liner off.

Fished out my pliers.

Got them on the bulb with ease and fitted my new ones ready for tomorrow:teeth:.

Don't know why I then washed it as I'll be driving 2 hours in torrential rain to the meet:surrender:.

Alas I'll seek solace in watching the beading from my Sonax BSD drying aid at least:p.

IMG_20211030_084119.jpg

IMG-20211030-WA0011.jpeg

Love Philips led 501's I see now. Mate, always take the wheel off lol well done pal, juggling car repairs a d daddies duties like an old hand.

See you all tomorrow and remember the clocks go BACK tonight 👍

• Like 1

Hope all made it home safe!!! Worst conditions I've ever driven the Z in eek

Lunchtime pulled pork burrito from the Stratford-upon-Avon street market was lush mind 👌

THANK YOU EVERYONE for coming!!! 

429959543_IMG_20211031_101340996_HDR2.jpg.6edde32bea83e44b256e3fc1cb2f8fb6.jpg

1702092047_IMG_20211031_105621509_HDR3.jpg.bea0d5e6b9d3a8b6a23c7a5eda0aac31.jpg

• Like 5

looks like you had a good turnout despite the appalling conditions we had a Tornado here literally ripping trees out and across roads had no damage apart from a lot of my neighbours Walnut tree leaves across garden, I seem to recognise that blue GTR I think I saw it traveling at speed around Silverstone at Japfest is the owners name James

• Sad 2