NORTH EAST 350Z OWNERS

Dicky

Just had an advisory on my 2004 car regarding underbody corrosion. Had a bit of a look (as best I could with near side wheels up on the kerb) and it doesn't look to bad but needs some attention.

Can anyone recommend a decent underbody rust treatment company anywhere in Tyne & Wear??

Thanks

There's a place in Ashington called Tokyo Motors (think they are only on Facebook). They import cars, and they under body coat and seal all cars they sell. Not 100% sure they do that up here in Ashington or if its done before they get the car, but its worth a call to them. One of my mates bought a 350 from him, and it was a very tidy job underneath.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Car-Dealership/Tokyo-Motors-100922271686589/

Many thanks young man for responding, I’ll give them a call. I’ve found one in Morpeth and one in Darlington but the worry is who can you trust to do a good job.

When I decide on one I’m going to insist I watch the work being done.

Thanks again

If it's THE WAX WORKS in Morpeth its long gone, can't understand why they not taken the website down.

I used THE GARAGE in Bishop Auckland earlier this year. Time will tell if they've done a good job or not. Not been able to get it on a ramp for a look underneath.

• 2 months later...

Well I've decided to wait until next year when its a bit warmer to get under and possibly do it myself depending on how bad it is.

Companies I found were Thompsons of Morpeth, Darlington Vehicle Welding, Pristine Autos Gateshead, The Garage Bishop Auckland and JR Classics Ltd Doncaster.

Haven't narrowed it down yet by visiting them but also would like to speak with someone who has used any of them. Problem is I've head a couple of poor workmanship stories and lets face it once the underseal is on how you going to tell if its a good job?

Word of mouth is the best way forward.