Returning to Zed ownership

Blackstar

Hi,

After owning a 350Z for over four years - the longest I've ever owned a car - I sold on last year (2004, orange, reg. J7 TGN if anyone here picked it up?). Today I have just put down a deposit on a 370Z which I test drove an really liked. It seems to have had a new clutch at 31k (now on 48k). I'm not sure if that is a good thing (i.e. not needing to worry about it for a while) or a bad thing (is a new clutch at that mileage on a 2012 model cause for concern or normal?).

Anyway, looking forward to getting the car next week and you may just hear more from me soon!

Cheers

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Of course, apologies. Never took any of my own photos as thought the ones on Trader were better but true to the dealer’s word they’ve taken the advert off. Here’s one I screenshotted though.

94D92B67-BF27-471F-B947-75F775D35C10.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 5

Sorry for the double post. I am due to pick up the car on Friday. Given that the car is virtually running on empty like most cars being sold, I may struggle to find 99 octane (or indeed anything). Does anyone have thoughts on running on 95 with or without octane booster as a stop-gap measure until normality returns?

I too have been thinking about getting back in a Zed,sold my 350z about a year ago and bought a 17 plate TT with 15k on it this spring as i needed an occasional back seat for grandson to nursery run.I have only done 2.5k since getting the Audi and had to have it recovered for failed water pump,so much for German engineering.

A few years back i had a GT Edition model 370 auto which i enjoyed having but due to work etc couldn't use it much.Question is should i try manual this time? Is the gearbox action similar to the 350?I had also heard of clutch failures on the mk1 Nismo at low miles happened occasionally was this also true of the GT.

Picked the car up today, it is excellent. Just a shame everywhere is out of super unleaded in Lincs that I've seen. Garage put half a tank in it, I asked if it was super and they said yes but I don't trust that. I added the two gallons of V Power I brought with me when I incorrectly assumed they wouldn't put anything in it. Hopefully some 99 octane will be back available soon! Safe driving everyone.

• Like 1