Stolen 350z

Bencs

12 hours ago, Ekona said:

Do you read anything anyone says, or just skip a few lines and chuck out some random nonsense?

I think we all know the answer to this.

However, he’s merely arguing semantics for the sake of it. I do agree that the car was in the care of the garage when it was re-stolen (his point).
Which is entirely irrelevant to the OP for all of the reasons you’ve already stated. More than once. But mostly because from his perspective the car was in the care of the insurance company regardless of what they did with it. As you’ve said. More than once.

3 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

It will all come out in the wash as the saying 

Goes.  Good luck bud

Thats the issue, how long will this wash take! 

What I was getting at is in simple terms is that the OP is now royally stuck in the middle, between his insurance company and the garages liability. 

The insurance company will say the garage is responsible as the car was handed over to their care, the garage will say its the insurance companies responsibility as they chose to send it to them, a whole street away from where it was recovered. 

Using my own garage where I work as an example, there's been a serious breakdown somewhere, and that's what is fishy. Personally I feel the garage are entirely to blame. We have coded key cupboards, retinal scanners, 18 foot high fenced compounds, CCTV covering every square inch to name a few security measures. But then we're a multimillion pound Dealership Vs Big Ken's auto repair shop on the corner. 

I feel for the OP, we're about to find out how good his insurance company is. 

So for a bit of clarity to all - my insurer is Admiral and from when I spoke with them yesterday they seem to be taking responsibility for this which is good and hopefully one less headache.

They have said it is being passed to their internal assessment / valuation team who will call us in the next couple of days to discuss £££.

They have also said this isn't the first time it's happened???? All be it with a different garage lol. The case handler I spoke to said she has dealt with 4 similar cases alone!

So as daft as it may seem, I would imagine considering how often this happens, they must have a process for handling this issue!

Now I just get to barter for the value of the car! ;)

If anybody sees any high priced adverts for zeds, feel free to drop a link to it!

• Like 4

On 23/10/2021 at 17:32, Olly350z said:

Thats the issue, how long will this wash take! 

What I was getting at is in simple terms is that the OP is now royally stuck in the middle, between his insurance company and the garages liability. 

The insurance company will say the garage is responsible as the car was handed over to their care, the garage will say its the insurance companies responsibility as they chose to send it to them, a whole street away from where it was recovered. 

Using my own garage where I work as an example, there's been a serious breakdown somewhere, and that's what is fishy. Personally I feel the garage are entirely to blame. We have coded key cupboards, retinal scanners, 18 foot high fenced compounds, CCTV covering every square inch to name a few security measures. But then we're a multimillion pound Dealership Vs Big Ken's auto repair shop on the corner. 

I feel for the OP, we're about to find out how good his insurance company is. 

do you work on Z's as well?

16 hours ago, Bencs said:

So for a bit of clarity to all - my insurer is Admiral and from when I spoke with them yesterday they seem to be taking responsibility for this which is good and hopefully one less headache.

They have said it is being passed to their internal assessment / valuation team who will call us in the next couple of days to discuss £££.

They have also said this isn't the first time it's happened???? All be it with a different garage lol. The case handler I spoke to said she has dealt with 4 similar cases alone!

So as daft as it may seem, I would imagine considering how often this happens, they must have a process for handling this issue!

Now I just get to barter for the value of the car! ;)

If anybody sees any high priced adverts for zeds, feel free to drop a link to it!

From our experience, Admiral are good eggs. We've had a multi-car policy with them for 10+ years, although the Z is insured elsewhere currently.

When we did have to claim though Admiral some years ago (wife reversed into a parked vehicle, bless - very minor damage and a dark and rainy evening in her defence) they were very efficient and it was all handled and settled very efficiently.

I do, however, appreciate that your case is a bit more, erm, complicated. I do hope that they resolve this to your satisfaction - good luck.  

• Like 2

Dont accept less than £7500 for a UK car lol. Depending on Mileage. To get an equivalent car thats the going price for UK car sub 100k miles unless you trek to the highlands. 

When I had my accident in 2016 the insurance wanted to pay me £4250 total loss...I told em where to go that id repair it myself. Which I did for a couple hundred. I knew I couldn't get another good Z for that.

Hopefully they apply common sense and pay the right amount. Afterall we,ve all paid into the insurance pot for "incase". Now its happened pay out those dividends!

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Really unlucky for you however used zeds are going for good money now compared to 2 years ago. I saw range of £6k to £7k for above 80k miles on the clock (DE), HR goes for more money. All the best to you and get max payout soon