Stolen 350z

Bencs

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, so apologies in advance admins if it is not.

My zed was stolen at some point yesterday between 4 & 11pm from right outside my flat. 

I am putting it on here because I know you guys are super vigilant when it comes to seeing other zeds! :).

It is a black coupe reg NA56 XUO, and I am based in Sutton, Surrey. I know there are a few other zeds in the area although not sure if they are on here.

No key was stolen, no windows broken, just straight up gone. 

I know it's quite likely gone for good, but just want to mention this on here in case these become a more targeted vehicle...

Thanks

Ben

• Sad 5

Yeah I'm going to look and see if there are any cameras or ring doorbells that would have it in sight as well.

Thanks for the advice! Will have a look for anything like that.

Edited by Bencs
Spelling correction

Interesting! I will have a look into one of those bags.

I haven't really taken the zed out much lately, just every now and then to start it and take it for a 10/15 min drive.

I normally drive the daily so I don't even have the zed keys on me.

I think its more than likely lifted and the towed or something. Couldn't see any tyre marks from where it was parked (with it being autumn and all the fallen leaves).

So just had a shout on Facebook- a woman swore she saw it just down the road pulled over by the police, I then get down there and its a bmw lol. Close enough eh? Black car is a black car :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

If your keys were exposed and not in tin foil or a faraday bag it could have been scanned from outside to unlock the car. Then pushed away to be picked up around the corner.

I used to use disklok on my 370 and a protective pouch for keys

Didn't think that applied to 350z keys as they didn't have keyless ignition and the ability to open doors without pressing the unlock button on the key.

• Like 2

They wouldn't be able to start in the same manner as BMW'S youre right. Opening the doors maybe through cloning the RFID. Im no expert. 

I had a tracker fitted on the Nismo. Became a bit of an expense. They did call me to tell me the cars been lifted possibly onto a tow truck after I sold it. I had the VHF not the gps. I heard GPS blockers can be used while onboard by the passenger. VHF would allow you to track it through solid walls etc. Old tech 

Its all after the fact, hope you find it. Only issue is insurance paying the right amount. As the cars value has changed recently.

There should have been ANPR alerts nationwide pulling over  black Zs and checking vin/chassis number, mileage and proof of ownership at roadside on the same day.  Typical Britain. Sounds expensive but its more expensive paying high taxes for an understaffed police force.

A high possibility its still local as they wouldn't want to alert ANPR by going across counties

3 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Sorry to hear about your zed.

I've never heard of a 350z taken without keys.

Only thought high end cars with high value were stolen using trailers etc.

It does seem like they were particularly after a 350z if it was lifted onto a flatbed and taken:scare:

This happens a lot on estates... happened to my family back 20 years ago. We had 2 cars lifted by caretakers boys. One day i saw a trailer downstairs. I rushed down 3 flights like Jason Bourne to get the plate number but him and the guy he was speaking to were ghost...

21 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

They wouldn't be able to start in the same manner as BMW'S youre right. Opening the doors maybe through cloning the RFID. Im no expert. 

I had a tracker fitted on the Nismo. Became a bit of an expense. They did call me to tell me the cars been lifted possibly onto a tow truck after I sold it. I had the VHF not the gps. I heard GPS blockers can be used while onboard by the passenger. VHF would allow you to track it through solid walls etc. Old tech 

Its all after the fact, hope you find it. Only issue is insurance paying the right amount. As the cars value has changed recently.

There should have been ANPR alerts nationwide pulling over  black Zs and checking vin/chassis number, mileage and proof of ownership at roadside on the same day.  Typical Britain. Sounds expensive but its more expensive paying high taxes for an understaffed police force.

A high possibility its still local as they wouldn't want to alert ANPR by going across counties

Yeah possibly hidden away somewhere waiting to see if it has a tracker before switching plates and sending elsewhere. I did spend about 3 hours looking around all the hiding spots I could think of but could literally be on somebodies driveway down a random road, the chances of me spotting it are pretty slim..

I did look at different tracker options for my daily as I am now a bit unsure how safe my area is, but they are quite expensive if you get a subscription like service.

More tempted to see if I can find something like a super cheap phone on a contract and just leave it in the car on charge (hidden in glovey or something) and just use a tracker that way lol.

Yeah I have dealt with insurance valuations before, they love to lowball it. Thankfully I have had a look at various places and dealers are selling zeds for crazy prices, so should be fairly easy to get a solid price for it :). 

2 hours ago, Bencs said:

Yeah possibly hidden away somewhere waiting to see if it has a tracker before switching plates and sending elsewhere. I did spend about 3 hours looking around all the hiding spots I could think of but could literally be on somebodies driveway down a random road, the chances of me spotting it are pretty slim..

I did look at different tracker options for my daily as I am now a bit unsure how safe my area is, but they are quite expensive if you get a subscription like service.

More tempted to see if I can find something like a super cheap phone on a contract and just leave it in the car on charge (hidden in glovey or something) and just use a tracker that way lol.

Yeah I have dealt with insurance valuations before, they love to lowball it. Thankfully I have had a look at various places and dealers are selling zeds for crazy prices, so should be fairly easy to get a solid price for it :). 

Sorry to hear this, my previous car was stolen in 2019, police did find it so don't lose hope! Apple airtags are a cheap solution to give some sort of tracking and easy to hide in the car

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bencs said:

May be a stupid question, but do I have to have an apple device to connect it to?

I don't have a mac, iPhone or ipad :).

Still no updates from police or insurance company.

I dont think so no, I think you can make an apple account on their website for it to work but not 100% sure on that. I think Samsung have their own version so could try them instead

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bencs said:

May be a stupid question, but do I have to have an apple device to connect it to?

I don't have a mac, iPhone or ipad :).

Still no updates from police or insurance company.

Chase them regarding payment. You need your car to get around while the wife or kid uses your other car...

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Chase them regarding payment. You need your car to get around while the wife or kid uses your other car...

Yeah I am going to - the only thing is that is it normal procedure to hold off paying a theft claim for 30 days in case the car turns up. Plus by the time I am finished arguing about the price, it will probably be a couple weeks anyways lol.