Master Blaster

Humpy

Bit of a strange one how this came about to be in possession but I have to say this is a bit of a game changer for me when drying the car and also drying the wheels ( drying the wheels is a PITA personally )

Only had a quick bash as it was getting dark but can see me getting one as it made drying off the car an absolute dream. Contactless apart from air hitting the paintwork. Has two speeds and the lower speed is ample and to be fair sounds like a blimmin jet engine. Also has various nozzle attachments for different uses.

Anyone else use one of these? I see they do smaller versions online aswell but not sure how good. 

These retail around the £400. 

20210911_194659.jpg

IMG-20210911-WA0026.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

I actually went on youtube afterwards and did a search for this, I didn't find a specifil video but found a couple of useful video's to watch. Thanks for the reply though.

Ok no worries. I wouldn’t use it to try and dry the whole car, but I’ve used it to blow the majority of the water off then used a drying towel to finish off. It is however great for drying wheels and getting into all the little nooks and crannies like behind wing mirror glass, vents and stuff

• Like 1

I used to have the Sidekick myself - mostly useful for those water trap areas, door shuts and such.

Got rid of mine when I got my DI filter and stopped drying the car at all. :lol:

Now I've gone back to towel drying (temporarily) I really miss my... DI Filter actually. Drying is effort. :yuck:

1 hour ago, zelda said:

I've never heard of this but sounds great. Can you point me in the direction of a tank? 

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, and everything I see seems to be inline..

https://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

I went for the 11 Litre DI vessel filled with MB-115 resin

In a lovely twist of coincidence, this 6 year old post includes me talking about both the DI filter and the Sidekick.

But there's more useful information here too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Water filters are great if you want to just wash your car and leave it to dry, even in direct sunlight. The only issue I’ve found is if you put the car back into the garage still wet it still leaves watermarks, if left outside they’re perfect

10 hours ago, Chris141084 said:

I've been thinking about getting one of these, but for now I just use the blower on my titan wet vac. Awesome little bit of kit for the money

I used to use my Titan like this.

The Worx leaf blower is about 10x faster as the nozzle is so much bigger and the airflow so much faster all for £55.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183750584627